Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8/1/22 I got something new to fish for. I caught a good amount of baby blue cats this morning. I really wanted to fish for catfish, so I put a 3" Gulp Minnow on a 1/16th jig hear and worked it slow across bottom. Some guy was fishing for catfish but didn't catch any yet, said that size are very good to eat. I said you want them. He said sure. I didn't get a chance to dump them out and take a picture of them.
Finger Fish Fish hook Bait Fish products
Fin Finger Fish Grass Tail
Vertebrate Fin Fish Automotive tire Carmine

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
839 Posts
They're very good marinated overnight in Old Bay hot sauce then fried.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
839 Posts
After all these years still learning. I got a new fish to go after, and a new way to catch catfish.
All of the catfish that I've caught this year have been on a Beetle Spin.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All of the catfish that I've caught this year have been on a Beetle Spin.
Yea Rob, but were you fishing for blue cats? I have also caught by-catch cats while fishing for other fish. My post is about fishing for blue cats and catching quite a few. We know you can catch them now and then on lures but I think I'm on to something new. We shell see. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rob, The best part is I thought about this at home and tried it and it works. I thought I'm going to the marina and fish the 3" Gulp and see what I can come up with. Well I found out it is a good way to catch cat fish. I also caught some other kind of cats. I guess they call them mud cats. They are ugly brown cats. The blue cats are clean and pretty/ blue and white. I think I'm going to buy some 4" Gulp Minnows and try them. I'm thinking bigger blue cats, and bass.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
839 Posts
I caught a big Channel cat on the 3in Gulp. It tapped it a few times, then it inhaled it. My fault for retrieving too slowly.

Reactions: andypat

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
I used to have two albino catfish as a young adult in college. I know I make fun of them a lot on here, but watching them grow over the several years I had them. They are finely tuned killing machines, just like their furred counterparts. They’re not scavengers, if they don’t need to be

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used to have two albino catfish as a young adult in college. I know I make fun of them a lot on here, but watching them grow over the several years I had them. They are finely tuned killing machines, just like their furred counterparts. They’re not scavengers, if they don’t need to be
So that's your problem, you went to college. GO Terps!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts