Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished with JSeiders/Grommet 8-28-05 inside and outside of Lynnhaven Inlet...splashed at about 0620 and paddled back into Lynnhaven...Bait everywhere...TOO MUCH BAIT...why would anything want my lures when they already are gourged to the gills? Fished some really nice oyster bars and flats to no avail...shifted plans and paddled against the tide (feel the burn) up to LBPTM and drifted back towards the Lesner...I picked up a smallish Puppy Drum and JSeiders/Grommet a Seabass...then a few minutes later another couple of small PD's bang bang...drifting in front of Bubbas I picked up a hand sized blue crab on the fishbites and promptly dropped him into the yak thinking hmmmm bait......well he of course targets my lap...one claw foul hooked in the claw, one claw grabbing the crotch of my my baggies, him thinking Hmmmm bait......right next to the tenderonies...I grab him and unhook...he lets go of the baggies and pinches the hell out of my thumb...by now I've gotten the attention of most of the customers in Bubbas...so anyway the blue crab is getting pretty annoying (me singing "Please release me... let me go subconsiously...) so he's hanging on to my thumb and decides this is his chance to escape...he can see water only a foot or two away so he thankfully (?) releases and promply drops... right into my crotch... and seeing a nice dark hidy hole scoots into the left leg of my baggies...Now...me being "commando" if you get my drift I am scrambling to get him out...OUT OF MY SHORTS and back into the water...well this causes a couple of wide eyes (me) and in Bubbas...one guys snots his sweet tea all over himself...one old lady gets faint...lots of gasps and hands flying to mouths in disbelief...me doing the grabbing crabby thing...anything on him I can grab to hell with the hands and fingers I got more tender things he's staring at...so I reach in, snatch out Mr. Blue and fling him like a frisbee across the water... a passing boater with his family taking this in applauds my recovery and a few people in bubbas along with myself can breath again...Mr. "Snots his Sweet Tea" is still nervously laffing at me mostly out of that kinda OOOhhhhhh at least that wasnt me sympathy...again...its good to breathe...well a few minutes later JSeiders and I meet up and head out front to the pilings and fish them for a while...I head in and home...finally got to the house cleaned up, things put away around 4ish...GOOD day on the water...Jason ended up with a mixed bag 4-5 differnt species...SeaBass, Croaker, Grey trout and a few others...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts