Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The western branch of the Corrotoman had a little sheet of ice on it as we worked our way to the Rapp. Got the lines out and had a knock down in 10 minutes. Didnt catch it. Darnn! Then about thirty minutes later brought in a 28 inch on a bucktail rigged off of a mojo. Headed down towards Corads and picked up a 22. At about 1:30 picked up a 35 off a chartuese umbrella. Back to home after that..... Coming through the ice trail we cleared there was a school of rocks my cousin spotted of the bow. We could see them in the water. By the time I got the rod ready there were no more fish. Dinked around for 10 minutes then got the boat back up on the lift.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
So there are still some out there. Nice going. I am going out on XMAS and Friday. Wish this dead winter low tide would ease. Makes my movements more restricted trying to get the boat on and off the lift. Was really bad today. Going to have to work with nature I guess.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I fished today between #11 marker and greenvale marked fish and bait but only had one good knock down,but no fish for me did hear talk of others catching today.

·
Registered
286 Posts
John,
We left from the Ware and went to Plantation Flats. No fish on eels and trolled the whole area back to NPC. We should have made the Cape Henry run but were worried about gas. Did you go today? TLT

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going out again tomorrow as long as the weather permits. I'll be around 8. Also for everyone to know Yankee Point Marina is closed untill January 5. Is the marina in Greenvale Creek open for gas on Christmas Eve?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Yes we went yesturday. I would expect some good size schools to be moving down this side of the bay very soon :thumbup:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Fished above #8 from 9 - 10:30 this morning and got two in the boat. Largest was 35" caught on a white mojo in 55ft. Scattered bait and marks. Most were near bottom. Saw a few other boats catching decent fish.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice fish! I'll be out there tomorrow morning around that time. I got a new filet knife for Christmas so its time to use it hopefully.

·
Registered
77 Posts
last hurah in the river

We will be out kind of late...w start up at greenvale from Best Marina. Will post results on sunday. Stepdad and Uncle got a skunk on friday. boat broke down twice so they gave it up early. they heard of a bite late but didnt go back out. we ll see today. :thumbup:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nice work Rockfish Man! We went out again this morning and scored in the same area, the largest was just ober 35" and weighed 18lbs. Caught fish on a 25 and 30 stretch in 45ft of water. Had several knock downs on the mojo/bucktail lines in the deeper water but no hook ups. We marked a LOT of bait and nice schools of fish most of the morning in the 50-70ft trough. Hope the bait will stay for a few more days. :yes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts