Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much damage but it could have been worse. Broad daylight and a 8 point buck leaps down this 10 foot high embankment and tries to get across the road in front of me.
He sideswiped the drivers side and gave me a shine with his whole body and then his antlers made the minor damage on the hood. The hair is lodged into the front left tire.

Cody says, Grrrr to the Big Bad Buck.

Be careful out there this time of year. This is my first encounter with a deer actual hitting me in 13 years in S AA Cty. I have seen plenty, but have not actually hit one until just today.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Pics after the fact and everything;-)

You are good:thumbup:

I think you may have had too much to drink and ran over SOMETHING and need an excuse for the boss(wife):helpsmilie:

You are GOOD:yes:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Wait a minute topfish may be on to something!!! Just today, my dad said that some drunk in a blue pickup knocked him off his 10 speed. He was a little scratched up and missing some of his gray whiskers! He also said that some small light crabs were flung from the bed of the pick up. Hmmmmm.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No this happened. I couldnt believe what I saw coming at me. I cant make this up. I have no time!

Oh well, I have a memory!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The deer gave me the finger and went back the way he came. NS!
NO, kidding. This was one of those Close Encounters of a Deer Kind.

:cool2:

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Enough is enough. You guys can't talk to my good friend like that!! If Dave says an eight point buck jumped out and ran into his truck I believe him;-).

Dave were you sure it was an eight point buck. It might have only been a seven point or a six but if you say it was an eight point it was. :yes:

I'm glad the damage wasn't worse

John

·
Registered
13,936 Posts
Dave, What were you using for bait? Corn or beans. How far did you have to go off the road to get him?:clap:.............Gary

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Guys....guys...c'mon. What Dave says has to be true. There have been numerous sightings of a HAIRLESS deer (on the starboard side only) with antlers ONLY on the port side of his head in AA county near West River. Besides everyone knows that blue is the best color to have when chasing down deer at night...I mean..when trying to avoid hitting one of these animals.

Ha!

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This was as weird a happening as I have ever experienced. There were witnesses too.
The damn deer even still had a branch or something in his rack as he came down off that embankment.

True story. Serious true story!

·
Registered
13,936 Posts
That wasn't a branch..........it was a tie rod:clap::clap::clap:........... by the way Dave.do you have your hunting license or are you poaching:nono:...........Gary

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gary,

I was just driving along, minding my own business and the buck from he!! appears. I bet he was a democrat wanting to take more taxes from me. Oh well, hope he didnt just crawl off and die. It would be better if a gun owning republican hunter could shoot him for food. Hope that hunter is a crabber and comes to SF in February with some backstrap wrapped in bacon for the grill!

Something like dis...................

Attachments

·
Registered
13,936 Posts
Dave, I promise you I will be there with more something like dis..... There are a ton of deer running the roads right now. It is in the middle of the rut. Drive slower and keep a sharp eye during dawn and dusk. You got away lucky this time but I have seen damage in the thousands..........Gary

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh 10-4 Gary.
Back in the early 90's I had a deer come across Rt 50 in Davidsonville and hit my Cougar.
It felt like a 50Lb sack of concrete mix was fired from a howitzer.
Again, I got lucky with minor damage due to the angle the deer hit.

When I got to the folks on the ES I really checked out the car and there was deer snot and blood down the side. A minor dent and some missing body side molding. This happened in the early morning hours in the fall.

The thing I keep saying to myself is why that big deer came out during the day like he did. He should have been bedded down somwhwere shouldnt he? I am not a hunter but have been around a few to understand deer habits. I think anyway.

;-)

·
Registered
13,936 Posts
Dave, Typical deer movement is dawn and dusk but during the rut (mating season) the bucks are chasing does to breed and they run all day long. With a full moon there is a lot of activity during mid day. The mating season runs from Halloween to the third week in November, peaking around Nov. 15. I'll be wacking and stacking deer in the next few weeks so at least you won't hit none of them. You can have your revenge at snood fest where I will bring you some to eat...........Gary

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK Gary. I stand corrected. I showed my ass and lack o knowledge about deer movement during the rut.

Oh well. I still say it was a Democratic Buck!

DB:cool2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts