Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll make this short, my Son-In-Law Rob (firefish) and I fished Sunday and Monday and had fair results Sunday we caught 20 flounder all short a few blues but I did catch a 25" Cobia my first. Today we did not have a very good day with only about 10 Flounder and 3 Blues again no keepers. hey are calling for the wind to blow 25 to 30 tomorrow so I think we will wait until nWednesday to try it again, Hey Richard I have been trying to call you I need your HELP wheres the Trout?????? Also Richard, Rob is getting a lot better at casting the net we are getting some mullet and some good ones at that

·
Registered
328 Posts
hey steve if the current slows any you might try a few drifts on the other side of the bride also.go out towards the rocks and drift in towards the bridge.the old coast guard channel on the ocean side of davis channel may also produce some nice flounder and trout.the channel has filled in a lot but i think they dredged since the last time i was out there.it is tucked in close to the bridge on the southside and ocean side of the bridge.hope it gets better for ya.richard

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Richard, All I can say is that you did not miss much on Thursday we found the trout on Wednesday but not Thursday. I tried everything but no luck. I sorry we could not hook up but Rob did OK on the casting net. I hope next year you will have all of your chores done so that you can show me some of those spots. I only round aground 3 of the 4 days we fished, those damn channels got me every time thank God for those Carolina Skiffs. Take care Richard and good luck with the striper season I see it came in the day we left.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts