Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugly green water in the canyon and out to at least 500 fa (where we turned around). Whales were few and far between, a some bait around in the canyon and in the deep. Lots of gear but they were not loaded like last week. If they were you couldn't see 5 feet down in the water anyway. Water was a little better up in the flats above the canyon but not much. Bailed a few, caught a few on the troll. At least the grass wasn't bad...

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Thanks for the report Eric. Looking at the latest cloro shot the Wash is a green mess as of last night, but things looking better up north. Hopefully better water pushes all the way down the line.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks for the report.

We're gonna give it a go on Friday and I'm torn on which way to point the bow right now. I'm anxious to hear reports from tmrw and see what's pushed down in the last day or two.

·
Registered
82 Posts
This green water is maddening. While others may find success in it, i always seem to locate skunks lurking in it. Just the sight of it breaks my confidence level in half. I've seen cleaner water in the winter time below 72A in the Chessy.
Tough call on where to go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We went out Monday the 7th and caught about 15 mahi on the pots (there were tons of around fish & pots) at the Norfolk. I was never able to get all of the poles out and keep the ones we had baited with ballyhoo. Many ate regardless of bally and caught on zukers w/o bally. Caught what I believe to be a small AJ and what appeared to be two juvenile BFs. Water out there was much better than reports of the Washington. Trolled a little bit north of the Norfolk and decided to start reeling in the poles to start the 3.5 hour journey home. After reeling in what I thought was all the poles, still had a williamson dorado chugger out and a white hit it. Would've been a nice ending to the day, but didn't get a good hook set and came off about 5 seconds after. Ended up being a much nicer ride in than out. Happy to put some meat in the freezer as this will probably be the last trip for a while. We've had some tough times getting meat this summer and not sure if its from lack of intel, but man it makes for a long trip. Hope this can help anyone at least looking for meatfish. Good luck to those making the long haul out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts