Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told by a friend in Reedville that the Midnight Sun caught a 9 lb. Spanish last Saturday. Anyone else heard this?
Bubba[angel][angel]

·
Registered
496 Posts
Could be a 9lb spanish OR maybe a stray cero mackerel. Spanish has rounded yellow spots, cero spots are elongated. Unusual this far north, but with the saltier water this summer could be a cero.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Creekster,
I really never saw any fish. My neighbor at the cottage came over to see what we had caught. Said he had been to the dock and that the Midnight Sun charter boat had caught a 9 lb spanish. Thought I would post it on here to see if it was true. Aces Up caught a 6 lber last year and it was a whopper. Can't imagine a 9 lber. Not sure what the state or world record is . Thanks for your reply.
LBubba

·
Registered
120 Posts
Details on the 9lb 2 oz Spanish can be found at http://www.mrc.virginia.gov/swr/saltwaterreview.shtm the VMRC Saltwater Review 21 September 2005 Vol. 19, No. 16

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the inputs. Looks like it is true. That is one heck of a spanish. I've been out there, but I ain't seen nothing like that. Congrats to the fisherman.
Bubba[angel][angel][angel]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts