1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IGFA Announcement
Dr. Julie Ball

29 Nov 2009

Last night I was contacted by Chris at Chris' Bait and Tackle http://www.chrisbaitandtackle.com/. She was inquiring about a junior world record. She told me a nine-year-old weighed in a rockfish over 50-pounds. I rode over to the Eastern Shore this morning to check it out, and sure enough, an excited little boy boasted a fish that tipped the scale at 50.9 lbs! The existing IGFA Small Fry World Record was sitting at 47lbs 9oz. I assited with the application, and congratulated the boy and his family.

Here's his story:
Bill Garren and his son, Jake of Ironto, VA were floating eels off of Kiptopeake yesterday afternoon, when the bobber on the rod Jake was holding dipped under. Jake described how he fought the fish for only 3 minutes! He also explained that when his Dad saw the fish, he thought it was the biggest striper he had ever seen, but didn't let on to Jake because he didn't want him to get too excited and risk losing the fish. Jake said he battled the fish cleanly to the net that his dad held ready.

Jake's striper is now a pending IGFA Small Fry World Record. It is a clean application, so I don't see any problems with it's approval. :clap:

The smile on Jake's face says it all!
Congrats to Jake and his family!!!! :clapping2:

Julie
Plant Fish Fisherman Gas Fishing

Smile Plant Hat Social group Jacket

·
Registered
270 Posts
That is wonderful. I hope that it all works out and he gets that record. Thanks Julie.

·
Registered
146 Posts
great

awsome he's got to be stoked he will def have a story to tell his friends back on mon after the holiday :bigfish::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Jake is a fisherman for life. Great to see kids have a good time and not sitting behind a computer or game boy etc. Awsum fish Jake!!! Can ya give me any tips on getting away from the striped critter(skunk)???? Martin

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Congrats To Jake!!

Always good to see these kinds of posts. Congrats to Jake & his family! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Kevin
Weekend Mistress
Coastal Conservation Association-Virginia

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Awesome job lil guy!!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts