Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took me this long to be able to talk about it with out throwing up. Fished the JRCC tourny last saturday. Monday, caught a wiff of something when I walked by the boat. Tuesday my wife says you need to do something about that smell. A quick check and found a whole gizzard in the boat. Flys, maggotts and some other "things" were hard at work. It was RIPE!

Got it out and into the edge of the woods. Got a good nose full and lost my lunch. Man-O-Man. Sure I am not the only one to do that. I will watch it better next time.

Dayton

·
Registered
317 Posts
dayton im glad to see that happens to other people besides me, i cant count how many coolers ive thrown away because i left bait in them and forgot about it.

bob

·
Registered
457 Posts
I've been puttting all of my fish carcasses in a compost bin .Stripers Spadefish Flounder Croaker Trout Bluefish.
My neighbor has'nt been out on his porch for 2 weeks, IT MUST BE WORKING!!![grin][grin]

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
argh,,,i know that smell when we were in FL my oldest son had a bad habit of not emptying out the bait cooler with srimp and ladyfish.........[tongue][tongue][tongue]

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did something close.
I bought some chicken livers, and left them outside to get nice and nasty for catfishin.
Planned to use them, but didnt.
Yesterday while I was getting beat around the water by all the joyriding jackasses, the livers spilled some juice into the boat.
I've been trying all day to wash the stench out of the boat - ick.
Oh well, it happens.

Good luck y'all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did something close.
I bought some chicken livers, and left them outside to get nice and nasty for catfishin.
Planned to use them, but didnt.
Yesterday while I was getting beat around the water by all the joyriding jackasses, the livers spilled some juice into the boat.
I've been trying all day to wash the stench out of the boat - ick.
Oh well, it happens.

Good luck y'all.

·
Registered
519 Posts
how about this one.. lol

went away for 2 months last summer..had a friend watch my house and told him not to turn off the breakers for the kitchen hehe

came back home and damn near got knocked out when i went through the door... a week earlier he came by to check on house and turned off all the breakers....walked in kitchen both my frig doors cracked open ...no power...

in freezer i had a box of squid...bags of fish heads..bags of brined croaker flillets for bait...bags of eating filets...meats and other things...

piles and piles of maggots!! hours of cleaning and a new frig worth lol...i can still smell it now...yuckkkk

oh yea.. and some pissed off neighbors lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
[Q]Kajun originally wrote:
how about this one.. lol

went away for 2 months last summer..had a friend watch my house and told him not to turn off the breakers for the kitchen hehe

came back home and damn near got knocked out when i went through the door... a week earlier he came by to check on house and turned off all the breakers....walked in kitchen both my frig doors cracked open ...no power...

in freezer i had a box of squid...bags of fish heads..bags of brined croaker flillets for bait...bags of eating filets...meats and other things...

piles and piles of maggots!! hours of cleaning and a new frig worth lol...i can still smell it now...yuckkkk

oh yea.. and some pissed off neighbors lol
[/Q]

time to get a new friend

1 - 11 of 11 Posts