Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Tach/Trim Tilt gauge won't register motor trim/tilt. With ign. switch on, all bars on gauge momentarily show, so I think gauge is OK. Last 2 yrs. T/T wouldn't work first trip, then worked off and on for a few trips, and then fine for rest of season. Guessing a malfunctioning indicator or a corroded wire/sensor connection.
Any help would be appreciated.
thanks,
Fast Eddie

·
Registered
636 Posts
Senders are junk on most motors ... just ignore it and look back (real easy to tell where the motor's is trimmed at). I'm getting new motors now and not even bothering with trim gauges ... complete waste of panel space and money, IMHO.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same problem. It wound up being the plastic paddle that rests on the sender. It cracks where the screw goes through it. $5.00 part. Look right under the front of the motor and you will see it. It even has a detent to help align it. Mine is a 2000 200hp, but it is probably the pretty close tomthe same set up.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.