Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IGFA ANNOUNCEMENT:

15 October 2008

I am pleased to announce that I just received confirmation that SIX Pending World Records caught in Virginia were approved TODAY!

This is a great accolade for our great fishery here in Virginia. Congrats to all the Anglers, Captains, and Crews!!! :clapping2:​

Species <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Genus <o:p></o:p>

Weight <o:p></o:p>

Catch Place <o:p></o:p>

Catch Date <o:p></o:p>

Angler <o:p></o:p>

Grouper, snowy <o:p></o:p>

Epinephelus niveatus <o:p></o:p>

68 lbs. 0 oz. - 30.8441 kgs <o:p></o:p>

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Norfolk</st1:place></st1:City> canyon Virginia USA <o:p></o:p>

8/17/2008 <o:p></o:p>

Jere D. Humphrey <o:p></o:p>

Species <o:p></o:p>

Barrelfish <o:p></o:p>

Hyperoglyphe perciformis <o:p></o:p>

17 lbs. 4 oz. - 7.82443 kgs <o:p></o:p>

<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Norfolk Canyon</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">Virginia</st1:State> <st1:country-region w:st="on">USA</st1:country-region></st1:place> <o:p></o:p>

8/17/2008 <o:p></o:p>

Marcus C. Jones III <o:p></o:p>

Slimehead, Darwin's <o:p></o:p>

Gephyroberyx Darwinii <o:p></o:p>

7 lbs. 8 oz. - 3.40192 kgs <o:p></o:p>

<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Norfolk Canyon</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">Virginia</st1:State> <st1:country-region w:st="on">USA</st1:country-region></st1:place> <o:p></o:p>

8/19/2008 <o:p></o:p>

Ron Van Kirk <o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>
Spadefish, <st1:place w:st="on">Atlantic</st1:place> <o:p></o:p>

Chaetodipterus faber <o:p></o:p>

W-02 kg (4 lb) <o:p></o:p>

7 lbs. 6 oz. - 3.34523 kgs <o:p></o:p>

<st1:placeName w:st="on">Chesapeake</st1:placeName> <st1:placeName w:st="on">Light</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Tower</st1:placeType> Reef <st1:State w:st="on">Virginia</st1:State> <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">USA</st1:place></st1:country-region> <o:p></o:p>

7/19/2008 <o:p></o:p>

Dr. Julie Ball <o:p></o:p>

LC <o:p></o:p>

Tippet W-02 kg (4 lb) <o:p></o:p>

1 lbs. 14 oz. - 0.850481 kgs <o:p></o:p>

Santore Wreck <st1:State w:st="on">Virginia</st1:State> <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">USA</st1:place></st1:country-region> <o:p></o:p>

8/3/2008 <o:p></o:p>

Dr.JulieBall <o:p></o:p>

Tippet W-06 kg (12 lb) <o:p></o:p>

2 lbs. 5 oz. - 1.04893 kgs <o:p></o:p>

Santore Wreck <st1:State w:st="on">Virginia</st1:State> <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">USA</st1:place></st1:country-region> <o:p></o:p>

8/3/2008 <o:p></o:p>

Dr. Julie Ball <o:p></o:p>

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
Congratulations, Julie!:thumbup:
and congrats to the other anglers!

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
So you have two for the same tippet? Or how does that work?

Nice work keeping a spade from parting 4# tippet. That is remarkable considering how hard they pull. Care to show us the fly the you used? I've gotten a couple on a bit of tan chenille tied clam style...

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
If I caught a grouper bigger than that one, I would thorw it back... Those eyes scare me :eek::D:D:D

Congrats to all the anglers! Fantastic fishing there!

·
Premium Member
26,132 Posts
Slimehead and a barrelfish - no wonder the Va. gang is setting records- no one else knows what the hell they are :D:D.

Some great fishing off Va. this year in the deep.

Congrats to all - the IGFA rules are strict and sometimes tricky to follow.Shows alot of attention to detail to get approved :clap::clap:.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Julie,
I have to apoligize, I am having a hard time keeping my eyes on the fish.

Thanks for sharing, those are nice fish.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Two IGFA record fish caught the same day, WOW. Way to go Dr. Julie Congrats :clapping2:

·
Registered
888 Posts
Slimehead. Sounds yummy. That's what I would name a fish that tasted good and that I didn't want others to target! Kinda like calling a vegetable "squash". Who would eat anything called "squash"?

david

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This board is always so positive and supportive! Thanks for that.

-I don't have a pic of the fly, but it looked like a corn chip! Let me know if you want to know where I got it.
-My records are for one line class, and two fly records...one of the tippets and the line class are the same size (4lb).

·
Registered
888 Posts
Julie,

How can you run a dental practice and get in so much quality fishing time? I am really, really jealous! Can you share your secrets with anyone?;-)

It's always a joy to read your reports.:thumbup:

David

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Julie,

How can you run a dental practice and get in so much quality fishing time? I am really, really jealous! Can you share your secrets with anyone?;-)

It's always a joy to read your reports.:thumbup:

David
David,
I have as much time as most of you who have jobs. I fish on the weekends and holidays. I guess it's just that...quality, not quantity (although I wish is was more quatntity!!). :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts