Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While it's no surprise to readers of TF that Sailfish 27 is always ready to lend good advice to those seeking a helping hand, I would like to send Skip a big thank you for readily hopping into his diving suit after hearing that I threw a prop at the launch ramp this past week.

Over the years, Skip's posts have helped me build a solid set of planer boards and set them up properly. His advice has helped me, along with many others I'm sure, with fishing tactics. But whether he enjoys it or not, putting on his dive gear and wading into a murky launch ramp in April water temps to help out a fellow fisherman goes above and beyond in my book. Within an hour he fished out my very serviceable stainless steel prop - a big plus in turning around what has been a disappointing start to the season.

Thanks again Skip.

Mike (lubbernomo)
Bluewater 2350 CC out of the South River

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Skip looks for any reason to get wet:eek2:
When I was working on the Charter (Patent Pending), we picked up an old partially decomposed crab pot and drug it all around the bay one morning. Knowing we had another charter the next morning, the Captain was frustrated about having to loose a charter and have the boat pulled (another cost) to clear the running gear.
A quick call from me to Skip, and he was sitting on our dock when we pulled in from the morning charter. He slid over the side and removed the line and pot with no charge. Knowing Skip's personality, I figured he was going to refuse to take any money; so I had the Captain run up to the liquor store and pick up some 151 Rum as a thank you.

I'd say he's a good guy, but I don't want his head to swell to big. Besides, anytime we can keep his a$$ underwater instead of on the water fishing, I consider we did our service to conservation that day. He can't fish with a wet suit and dive tanks on his back:hysterical:

Good job Skip.
5th

·
Premium Member
26,151 Posts
Glad I was able to help - sure you have helped other boaters / people out before - guess good karma.

I'm just paying back favors from guys who taught me - sadly many have passed.

Guy told me long ago : Every boater has been towed in and has towed some one in - much better to be at front of rope.

·
Registered
575 Posts
To me, Skip is what this site should be all about. He gives great advice, great fishing reports with locations and baits used, invites numerous people to fish with him, gives seminars, helps others in need...I've been on Skips boat a couple of times. Always helpful with insight and information (just don't bring bananas...but be sure to bring donuts).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts