Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hooked up with richard from this board for a trip out of hatteras sunday and it was beatiful.
crew-Richard and his son JR,me and my friend Scotty
headed out due east to a grassline he had fished the day before and couldn't even get the spread out before we were hooked up with dolphin.stopped and started bailing and a 20lb plus dolphin comes out and eats the bait on the smallest rod which the captain was having fun with.now its a battle.got him out from under/through the 20' wide grassline and proceeded to fight/follow lose line/gain line turn this way and back up that way until we had him tired but sometimes the fish does not lose and this was his day to fight again.hook pulled from the large hole from all the pulling I will presume.but it was and would have been fun to land on a small rod.
back to trolling we go and it was more of the same so we went back to bailing.fish would come and go so we ventured off to a bite on ****** that had turned on about a mile away.
set out a spread with 4 naked hos and a few teasers set on the flatlines and we get a bite.shotgun and we didn't drop it back.a few minutes later another bite on the 6/0 right beside me.put it in freesplool and let it drop,picked it up and thumbed it and then dropped it back again and ****** was there.pulled tight and did a nice tail walk to everyones glee.handed the rod to JR [jr's 12] and set him on the cooler to bring him in.****** did a few more aerials for us but JR made quick work of him,snapped a picture and made a release.
congrads to you JR,you did very good but you are way to modest.[he never said a word] [excited].
thanks go out to richard for the invite,I had a blast.mike[grin]

·
Premium Member
5,760 Posts
Sounds like you guys had a great time on the water and that Richard knows his stuff. I had the opportunity of meeting Richard last year while I was down there and he fished on my boat, what a great guy and he knows how to fish and catch bait. Thanks for the report and I can’t wait until September when we come back down and hook up with Richard again.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sounds like you had a great day. I should have called Richard about his generous offer as I wasn't able to put a crew together for a trip on Sunday and Monday. Glad y'all got into the fish and the white marlin must have been awesome.

Doug

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.