Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up the Piankatank this morning after being drenched yesturday. stopped and cast a chartruse wild eye storm shad at some pilings and picked up some short rockfish. Went further on up the river just past Holly Beach. Found some big fish rolling on the top in about 12-15 feet of water. Ended up being large gar. Decided to use some peeler and see what we could get. After a few minutes my wife hooked up with the first rockfish she's ever caught, a nice looking 20 incher. brother in law got a 22" and then wife got a 19". All I could manage were 16 inchers. Ended up bring home 3 rocks and a couple catfish that my brother in law caught on an attempt at homemade catfish bait. Ended up catching near a dozen rocks all together. Good day on the water without the rain and wind from yesturday.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Almost put out some lines on my trip around to the rail to pull the boat yesterday but didn't. Good to see a Rockfish Report and congrats on the nice fish. Guys at the rail said spot/trout bite is still good our part of the River and as far up as Bouy 19. Also heard of limits of Rockfish being caught at Power lines. Would bet the drop off around 10 is catching too. If the rain will let me finish up and I don't find any problems to keep me on the rail I think Im going to give the Rocks a try Saturday. Heading out to OI as make up man on Tuna Trip Sunday Morning and will try to make a post on both trips.

Have a Good one

Bobby

1 - 2 of 2 Posts