Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing 26 blue marlin in 3 days makes it kinda easy to get at least few good shots. Here are some from the 10 we actually got. Like I said earlier. This is the best place in the world to get lots of shot on Blue Marlin on a consistant basis. Get down their and catch some of these fish. they are a blast.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Pretty work and great pixs :yes:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
knew you had to get a few good pictures. Great pictures as always thanks for sharing them with us.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Awesome pics!!!! You are ruined for life having to come back here and see maybe 10 a season.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Pics

Like everyone else - Thanks for the pics! Sounds and looks like you'all had a great trip.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
awesome shots!

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Wow!!! That has got to be as good as it gets. I can't even imagine how much you could learn if you could spend a whole season there with all those shots.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bill - -here is the best tip I learned while there. If the blue comes up on the left teaser don't touch the left flat line. leave it in position. calmly walk over and pull it out of the clip. the bridgeman will handline the teaser all the way to the boat and the blue will follow. rather pissed off at that!. The bridgeman will call down and tell the mate to pull the teaser. once the teaser is pulled the blue will make a circle to the outside and end his circle RIGHT AT YOUR FLAT LINE THAT YOU HAVE NOT MOVED AN INCH. UFB - it worked everytime. well - he showed up on the flatline everytime. we still have to take into consideration the hungover butthead on the rod. THAT WOULD BE ME:clapping2:

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Wow that would be hard to do the first time. It makes great since tho. Besides as pissed as a bill gets I would guess the closer you can get him to the boat the better. I plan to spend alot more time this season locally learning about them. All of our shots have allways been while pulling for meat but I can think of a bunch of times when we should have been targeting them. One day out of OI 2 summers ago we ended up with 2 of them the same day chaseing Tuna & I would say that more than half the fleet saw at least 1 that day. The conditions were (as they say on the Discovery channel), EPIC that week.

Man , I can't wait to get out there.

BTW, I want to get a large Rasta bar from ya. Or at least the squids. Those Squids are super nice. Here I am thinking Tuna again.:eek2: Also might need some 9 inch to hang from the stick just to try something different. Maybe we could make a trade for some custom stuff Becky makes.

703-898-0202

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will give you a call. Just a side note about targeting them up here. I have been conditioned to dredges and dink baits for whites up here. last year we raised so many whites on the rasta bar that we tried something different with great results. we hung the bar in the middle of the pattern with a hookless green machine (just like tuna fishing) or a hookless ilander bally combo and used that as our teaser. Two things happened. we raised a load of whites and we didn't lose the tuna bite. whenever we use the dredges we tend to lose the tuna bite a bit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts