Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the late report but when you're in the HVAC business this time of year finding a minute to sit and type out a report is very hard indeed. Fished Saturday on a friend's boat then Sunday on mine. The weatherman got it wrong on Saturday morning as it was a lot bumpier than we had planned in the am. Sunday was spectacular. We had to work our arses off both days to put something in the box. Lots of moving and reconnoitering. But in the end we managed 10 on Saturday and 7 on Sunday. Great couple of days.

The only negative on the trip: Picked up gudgens at Ocean's East II on Friday about 6pm after work. Then on the way to the marina some butthead cuts across three lanes to make a left so I had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting the idiot. Get to the marina and open the bed of the truck to find 3 dozen gudgens flopping around because the bucket turned over. So I dive in with with office clothes still on and flop around myself trying to gather them up to get em back in the bucket and in the water. Two days later on Sunday I dropped the tailgate and almost passed out. Five of those critters had gotten under two baskets I keep in the bed with boat stuff hat baked for a couple of days. Holy heck and back it stunk. Took an hour on Monday morning to wash the bed twice with soap and detergent to get that smell out. :eek2:

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I really want to become a better flounder fisherman. It's just hard because I fish with my dad on his boat and he doesn't have the patience to try for flounder, so we normally end up catching coolers full of croaker. Where is a good spot to try that will produce flounder? And what techniques do you use?

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Thanks for report! good to know a few are showing.
I think it must written in a Idiot Handbook, if you see a boat being towed you can cut in front of it because they can be stopped quickly and easily controlled.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really want to become a better flounder fisherman. It's just hard because I fish with my dad on his boat and he doesn't have the patience to try for flounder, so we normally end up catching coolers full of croaker. Where is a good spot to try that will produce flounder? And what techniques do you use?
I want to be become a better flounder fisherman as well. I've learned a few things over the past 10 years from some excellent fishermen in our club as well as some I've met on this board but I'm no expert. My favorite technique is pretty traditional, drifting fresh cut bait or gulp over structure with a gudgen. Some call it the Chesapeake Sandwich. Bridge pilings and tunnel tubes are also good. Some favor jigging over drifting and others prefer just live bait. Their are so many factors that go into the what, when and how that it can't be detailed in a single post. However I would give you one concrete, indisputable truth: If you are old enough and not currently a member of a local fishing club, join one, then attend the meetings. You'll learn a great deal, build lasting friendships and meet others with boats with whom you can fish from time to time. Of course you'll always want to fish with your Dad no matter how old you get but fishing and leaning from others might allow you to teach him something.

Just don't tell him your teaching him something. We like to pretend we'er smarter than our sons, whether true or not....:))

1 - 9 of 9 Posts