Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished washing all the divin gear, boat, fishing gear and the Spades that were baged today ( a total of nine) two medium size and seven lg.
It was good day to be out on the water and as we got close to the 3rd. Rock we found Distraction and his crew setting up the perimeter for a safe hunt and we soon followed placing ower own flags and securing a section to try to keep other boat from going thru and over ower dive site.
At first my crew and I tryed some rod fishin but after about half hr. of loosing bottom rigs at a very fast clip and not getting anything over 4 inches long... it was time for some other method so over the side I went to check thing out and try the freediving thing for a while. It din't take long before I had a few mid size Spades in the stringer but vis. and the hard incoming tide soon put and end to that also so back to the boat to wait a few and have some lunch.
Some time later I got riged up with the scuba and over the side one mo time. It din't take long before some lg. Spades, a few Rockfish and even a lg. Blackfish starded showing here and there, it was fun just looking at the show as I just lay flat on the bottom looking in and taking it all in untill it was over and they moved on.

Many thanks to Distraction and crew for keeping all the other boats (and there were many) just looking in and not plowing over ower heads and I hope to hear about their hunt soon too.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Great report. I see you guys out there most every time you'all go. I have full dive gear, but nobody else that I knows does it. I would like to meet you'all out there one time and get in the water. I dove about 6 or 7 times last year. It was really cool, but I did not like being alone down there.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Keep looking in, the info. will be posted right here.
How little is your little boat, at times it can get rough out there as you know, as far as vis. goes.. even if you had 2-3ft. vis. and you're "in the soup"....even if you're diving with a boddy you're just about like diving alone!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Nice job guys!! Lookin forward to distractions post too!! See these shark tails havent scared you guys off. My 1 boat is out of commision but I may try to get the other one out for a little dip out by the third in the next couple days. Dont want the bands on my gun to dry rot from lack of use. [grin][grin][grin]martin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.