Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuesday we're planning to head to Kiptopeake. This is only our second time...we went about this same time last year. We will be fishing in a 18ft cc. Last year the conditions were pretty much flat. We did a little eeling but mostly chased birds and did okay with our largest being 35". Here's where I could use a little advice. First, the forecast. The weather service says, "TUE N WINDS 15 KT...BECOMING NE IN THE AFTERNOON. WAVES 2 TO 3 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS." Will the Eastern Shore offer any protection or should we expect pretty bumpy conditions? Also, what's our best bet right now, plantation light, the high rise or the 3rd-4th island? I assume Chris's is my best bet for eels? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Use this link for your forcast....a lot can change between now and then.

U.S. Coastal Waters Forecasts by Zone - East - Wakefield, VA

As far as the best bet....???? See if the conditions dictate where you can or can not go. All those places have been producing fish.

Your best bet may be right inside the ships slow trolling eels around or bouncing them off the bottom if it truely is 2 to 3 foot waves... gotta wait and see....

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ESfishdoc......Thanks for the reply. Two to three up in the middle bay can produce a pretty tough chop, especially if the wind is going against the tide. I guess it's pretty much the same down near the mouth. Just curious, have you ever heard of stripers being caught in the Intercoastal Waterway?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Keep watching the post as a lot of people will be fishing Sunday with weather prediction now. Concrete ships to high rise will give some protection from the north wind. Closer to highrise the more protection you should have.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ARCHIE that's the kind of info I'm looking for. We will be in a very sea worthy boat but I'm hoping we can avoid too much spray, no curtains.

G

·
If it blows NE, stay fruther up the Bay. Anywhere where the easterly part of the wind can pick up water, will churn it and make for bumps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts