Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took off work so that I may age gracefully today. Me and the oldest lip snatcher went out about 8:30 and started fishing in the Sleet and rain. Fished till about 12:00, when he got cold enough he was ready to go. Caught 15 crappie, 2 flyers. Biggest 3 crappie were between 11 and 12.5 inches. Most of what we caught were around 9 inches. Sent em all back to have another birthday. Had a couple of doubles in the mix. I fished a few newer places today, doing a little scouting. But most of what I caught was in the same ol places. Fish were a little deeper, 15fow was the magic number. Fish were 6 to 12 feet deep. Had a lot of short strikes and misses. Guess they were a little slower and finicky with the 4 degree temp drop from last weekend.
Tootsie Roll

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Tootsie Roll good report and glad to hear you got to go fishing (I would guess with your dad) on your birthday. :clapping2::yes: Happy Birthday. :thumbup::thumbup:

:thumbup:

AC

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Horseshoer, I'm officially 38.

ACC, wasn't with my dad. He doesn't go fishing with me as much as we used to. He usually goes with me when I'm deer hunting, good times, good times. I was with my 12 year old. It was great because with 4 boys, I don't often get to spend much time with just him. Usually my 6 and 7 year old fish with me. He likes the time alone with me when he doesn't have to share and deal with the younger boys aggravating him. It was great even though it was a short trip. I just wish this weather would make up its mind so Me and the lip snatching posse can fill the livewell with slabs. I'm ready for a fish fry.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Happy Birthday Tootsie Roll. Thats funny. I officially became 36 today. I wet a line for a little while today but it was in a pond and only caught a pumpkinseed and a bass. Was a nice day though. If I remember right, yesterday was kinda a raw day to be fishing. Glad You got out and got some pullage.CF

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, Ed, it was a little colder than I would have liked. But it was better than working. At least the wind wasn't blowing bad. If the wind had been blowing, I'd have thought it was January again. I know where some fish are, just wish I wasn't playing ball at the beach this weekend. Sunday looks like it may not be too bad. After all the rain I heard we got today, you may be able to get out in fish for a little while.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I was with my 12 year old. It was great because with 4 boys, I don't often get to spend much time with just him.
First off, Happy Birthday. Secondly, you're killing me here. 4 boys? You lucky dog. I grew up with three sisters, (zero brothers) I have two daughters, (no son's) and a granddaughter (you guessed it, no grandson). 4 boys? Man, you must have a blast with them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tap, they are great, but I got a question for you.... You ever been fishing in a 17 ft boat with four boys? or deer hunting with 4 boys? Keep in mind, the oldest is twelve and the youngest is 6. It ain't no picnic most of the time. The 10 and 12 year old get along fine and the 6 and 7 year old get along fine. But the age difference causes a little bit of a problem. My six year old is with me 75% of the time when I'm fishing. That boy loves getting bowed up on something, especially catfish. He cracks me up. He does really great for his age. It's like having a below average size adult with me. I give him his rod and we both fish. He ain't quite figured out how to get em off the hook yet. As far as the girls, I wanted one... one. I remember how much trouble I was for my daddy and how much my little hobbies cost when I was young. I don't think he's ever finished paying for em. If you ever need to borrow one, let me know, according to everyone else, they're perfect angels.

Tootsie Roll

1 - 10 of 10 Posts