Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For years I have bought high quality, high dollar fishing pants because I have no tolerance for the cold but fish in extreme weather.
I'd just as soon rather it be July and 90 degrees all year. Moving South is not an option so I need to dress for it but I'm 6" 4" tall and wear 30"W x 36"Inseam pants.
I need to find a new pair of weather proof / water proof pants for boating and would like to finally have a pair that doesn't look like high waters or make me look like an idiot (I can do that on my own).
I have checked with Helly Hansen and a couple other of my favorites and they say that they can not do "custom" orders.
Do you guys know of a manufacturer that will make professional quality, water proof (warm) pants cusomized or one that carry's pants that will meet my needs?

GScott

·
Registered
275 Posts
You might look consider looking outside of the fishing companies at motorcycle pants that are waterproof if you're struggling to find ones of a suitable length. These pants are typically made long so they can be worn while riding with a bent knee and not turn into high waters. That said if you look with quality companies like Harley you may just find what you're looking for. Just a thought

·
Registered
680 Posts
Motorcycle Pants

I wear these when cold weather riding. Lots of bike shops carry these. First Gear is good quality at a decent price. Don't forget to check EBAY.

HT Overpants 2.0

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I'm talking about!

I just checked out those FirstGear pants.
They look amazing. Just what I'm looking for.

Thanks.
GScott

·
Registered
680 Posts
The liner is pretty good. I think they are what sheds the water.

Nice thing is they are wind proof.

You can remove the pading in the hips and knees. I wear over street clothes.

Make sure you try them on before buying --

Good luck!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Try Mustang Survival gear. I an the happy owner of a Mustang coverall suit. For the last few trips I have stayed very dry and warm. It is also a floation device incase swimming becomes an issue. God bless

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still needing help

Well, thanks anyway guys for the suggestions.
I have checked First Gears and Mustangs sizing charts and neither makes a pair of pants to fit my needs (30"Waist x 36" Inseam).
I had already e-mailed Helly Hansen inquiring as to whether or not they could custom make a pair. I heard back from them and they can not / will not.
I just e-mailed First Gear and asked them the same question.
I'll let you know if I hear any thing back from them.

GScott

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
use layers... I wear 3 layers in the cold.. spandex tights, sweat pants and an outer waterproof shell...

You could also get yourself a Judge 27 and a Mr. Heater too :pp

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have a 17" open CC, and I wear silk longjohns, with cotton longjohns over those, a pair of flannel lined jeans and a pair of rainsuit pants over everything to block the wind and water. I haven't gotten cold yet, and I have been out when the air temp is 28 degrees.

The beauty of this system is that when it warms later in the day, I can take off the over pants and not be roasting (and/or sweating, which is far worse!).

-makoman

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Oh yea

I have e-mailed Gill company as well regarding cusomizing and hope to hear someting positve from one of them.
To B-Faithful and Makoman, If I could find a pair of outerwear pants I would go with a layered system but that's the problem. I can't find a pair.

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
Might be a shot in the dark but try a local men's clothing store for big/tall guys.I'll bet they have contacts with suppliers for hard to fit people.

A 30'' waist is considered small nowadays - thanks to McDonalds :D.

·
Registered
849 Posts
i feel your pain, but..............
how in the world can you be that tall and thin??????????:eek::eek:
i wear a 30 waist, but i'm only 5'6".
i sorta have the problem at the other end. ;-)

bil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts