Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped it in the surf. SO I had to pull it apart and clean all the sand and salt water out. Now when I release the bail to cast every once in a while the bail will not reset when cranking the handle. There are no other problems I can see with it at this time. Any tips would be great.

I believe it may have to do with the yoke springs being to strong? I lost one and have ordered a pair from Abu Garcia. For the time being I put in a couple springs I cut down. The reason I feel this may be the issue is that I replaced those with stronger springs and it is worse.

The only other thing I noticed when having it apart is the pivot that contacts the totthed wheel to re-engauge the spool is worn at the contact area. Does not appear to be enough to deam replacing the part.

Another note is that I had no problems before it took the bath in sand and salt water. I have all components in the correct place as far as I can tell from the schematics.

I am hoping to get it fixed b y the weekend for a Cobia trip in the bay. If you need any more info or pics just ask I will post what you need.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I believe I got it figured out. I cut the springs down to take some pressure off. It seemed to be the main issue. I will be doing some bass fishing this even to give a good ru down before I hook up on a large Cobia sunday. (if the storm doesn't keep us from going)

·
Registered
192 Posts
alot of local guys will bring reels over that had been dunked in the sand. it is always best to send those back to the manufacturer. they often have a flat rate that is far less than the hourly rate charged by local shops. good luck! alan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts