Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Man I heard all day from folks and the hand held radio I have in my truck about how the bite was going off off of Rudee. Called a few friends and made up a crew for a run around the cape at 1:30PM. Ran out cruising 28.5 knots in awesome water towards the mayham. Well the bite had shut down just before we got there. Could see all of the birds sitting on the water and could only imagine the carnage.

We put lines in away from the crowd and hooked up with a single right away. We picked at them for two hours and ended up with 11 real nice fish and had 4 real nice hook ups on the deep rods that the teenage boys on the rods let free prematurely. You should have seen these boys. They had never seen anything like this and they were getting there butt kicked by these fish. They were talking about how they were going to kick these fish butts reeling them in and found out differently.

Great fishing with everyone and sorry for being late to the party.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
kevin doesn't sound like you missed the party to me. way to put a kid in his place.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Better late than never:D. Glad ya got 'em, Kevin!! I actually talked to a buddy of mine who was in the middle of it around 10:30am...30lb class fish all on spin gear and I was stuck at the office:confused:

Ed

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Like I always say......... BETTER LATE THAN NOT AT ALL!!! Way to put em on the fish man!!! It was CRAZY out there.........was looking for ya!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Don't feel bad...we got there late, too. Arrived on location straight out of Rudee at 2:30. Went 20 minutes before the first fish committed suicide - nice 38 incher in the box. Went another 30 minutes before we picked up a double 36 and 34 inchers. After that, it died off altogether.

We heard ya up above us talking about those kids and it was funny as heck listening to your detailed descriptions of them trying to horse those fish in. At least it was nice out there, and given the crowded conditions, it was a very laid back bunch of boaters....hope it stays that way through the holidays!

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah we were South fo the pack. My crew was wondering why we pushed South a little and they foudn out why. Fished by our selves pretty much. Jsut went bac and forth of some scratches, picking at them. Pretty day.

Man when you can run out doing 28 to 29 knots, passing boats and not take a lick of spray. Not thet is calm seas. I even put here to the pins for a change to see what she would do, 32.2 knots! I usually only run her at 26.5 knots for fuel savings.

You only live once right? See you all on Friday!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.