Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would bring fishing report from a little Maryland offshore fishing action. We're fishing the Mid Atlantic 500 this week and set out today to do some practice and practice we did on these long billed white rascals. Pictures sum up today's action. We're hitting the inlet at o-dark-thirty tomorrow to see if we can catch the biggest fish and win some loot.

Will do some follow up reports.

Link to my Ocean City Mid Atlantic 500 Picture Album in my Tidal Fish Picture Albums

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Magnificent photos! Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Nice photos. Several of the photos show the fish with its mouth open and with wild eyes. These would be great for adding a caption and/or a "text balloon" for your next contest. An example is shown below.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. Today the bite was slow for us, buuuut with an hour to go we managed to get a double white marlin hook up. Neither was big enough to bring to the scales, but still got us on the board and helped out the 6 hours of boredom we started the day with. Tomorrow we're heading out early to see if we can chase down a winner. I think the Billfisher just down the dock from us has the leading white marlin at 88lbs.
Will report tomorrow, have to hit the sack for a 4:30am wake up.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
what I want to do when I grow up !!
Great pics

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Brandon now that's what I call fishing. Good luck today I hope you get the biggun.

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fished yesterday (Tuesday) and decided to run to a new area to see if we could find a winner. Ran three hours at about 30knts and arrived to find some dirty water...not good. Ran a little further and decided to put out the spread. Day started pretty slow, not a bite until after lunch. Final tally was 1 for 3 on white marlin and 0 for 1 on a crazed blue marlin that came into the spread but all he wanted was the teaser and then as we got him near the boat our lure hooked a piece of trash in the water, a plastic bag of all things and that was that. Mr blue smiled and waved to us as he swam away. We are taking two lay days to let this rain and front go through and heading out Friday to see if we can come up with a winner. Top white marlin is still 88lbs.

Picture is of OC inlet as we headed yesterday afternoon. Taken with my iPhone so not such a great pic.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts