Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys....Even though I'm kinda new on this site, I'd like to pass on a fishing tip that my uncle taught me when I was a kid up in New York...and I've used it in NY, NJ, Md, and here in Virginia. When you're fishing for yellow perch, crappie or any other specie that tends to hang out in schools ...you might want to try this.......
After you have caught 2 0r 3 fish in the same spot....when you catch the 3rd one......leave the hook in it's mouth....cut the line off to about the same length as the depth the fish was caught in....leave the split shop and bobber on the line and throw it all back in the water where you caught it....the fish will probably rejoin the school within a minute or two.....Then continue to follow that bobber and you have a good chance of continually picking up one fish after another as the school moves....just keep following that bbber until you stop catching them....then scoop up that bobber and get your fish back.
I'm sure some of you guys have used this method, but I wanted to pass it on to those not familiar with it. Good luck to all !!!!..........Howie

·
Registered
839 Posts
yea Ive heard that one, i think UTR is right though... When i read the title of the thread I just knew for sure you were gonna say 'eyeballs'

On another note ive read if you wrap bright colored flags 'yellow, orange and red' around your anchor rope It'll attract yellow perch (like the ones on a rope like at car dealerships and convienent stores)

Thanks for the input though howie, where do you do most of your fishing?

·
Registered
268 Posts
now, do these tricks work when the cows are laying down or only when they're standing up? cuz, as we all know, anybody can catch yaller perch when the cows are standing up...

·
Registered
340 Posts
i tried that about 20 years ago and it does work. then the game warden asked what i was doing and the next week he put out signs saying it was not permitted. this was on crappie and in the winter when they would school it was:hammer: time. tite LINES jim.b

·
Registered
233 Posts
On another note ive read if you wrap bright colored flags 'yellow, orange and red' around your anchor rope It'll attract yellow perch (like the ones on a rope like at car dealerships and convienent stores)
You mean like this?

The caption reads: Yellow Perch are drawn to bright colors. Lake Erie fishermen attach flags to their anchor ropes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts