Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I need some local info.
Yesterday morning when I woke and it was snowing, I ran out and picked up the 18 rolls of toilet paper, 6 gallons of milk, 3 doen misc. batteries another snow shovel and lots of candles and flashlights just like we're told we need to .
This morning I wake up and it's freezing temps. and they're calliing for rain and freezing rain.
Do I need to go out and buy more of all those same things? ;-)
(I still have most of the toilet paper left and I didn't use the other items.)

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Driving

When starting your car to go to work or to pick up these items, do you prefer to scrape the 14" x 14" hole in the ice on your wind shield to look through or do you prefer the more irregular 12" x 18" "window" of visibility?
If I'm going to be driving on the highway, I prefer the 12" x 18" area of visibilty because I feel like it gives me more peripheral vision to see cars in the other lanes.
Under what conditions do you ever sweep the snow from the top of your car?
I'm wondering because yesterday I saw a car that had done this.

GScott

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bread and Eggs

I picked up 15 loaves and 6 dozen yesterday.
Are you saying I should pick up more of these items this morning?
Honestly, I'm more concerned about running out of Toilet Paper than bread.
Is it worth while to go to Costco and buy these items in bulk.
In this economy it's hard to keep up. Costco is still in business, right?

GScott

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh

and don't eat the yellow snow and, on the news they just warned to bang on the hood of your car before starting it so that you don't chop the neighbor's cats tail off.
Does any one know how hard I should bang on the hood of my car or with what?

GScott

· Registered
5,336 Posts
Make sure you are traveling about 15 miles per hour above the posted speed limit weaving in and out of traffic when you do this, all the while talking on your cell phone.
Then complain about it being the government's fault for not clearing the ice, and not properly warning you, for missing your meeting/gym session/spa treatment/botox injections.

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh no!

Warning! Wanrning! Channel 9 News just upped the current conditions to "Freezing Drizzle". I don't know exactly what that means but it sonds really bad.
We're all going to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's no way out now. If you haven't already stocked up, You're screwed!

GScott

Update, 9:30, Channel 9 News has now warned that the roads are Wet. Now what do we do?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.