Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eminent Brothers,
Just back from a chilly morning at the CCNPP where everyone on Walleye's boat caught some real good stripers. There were 5 of us and we had a GREAT time fishing together. I can remember everyone's face clear as day, but; seem to have forgotten their names.....except for Old Fart......I remembed him. It wasn't fast and furerious in terms of action and numbers. However there were slugs of big fish and everyone did good. My 2 best were on 6" chartruce BKD's hooked in the jig eating rocks. Saw Tony Hill out there in a bass boat of all things, but; he still looked and sounded like Tony, so it must have been him. I don't know why, but people kept calling Walleye on the cell to ask how many jig heads I lost. Poor Walleye...we kept him busy unhooking fish, snaping photos, tying on leaders and rigging up BKD's. It was good to be out there on our beautiful Bay with such a great bunch of guys!!! I'll let the other guys chime in with their thoughts........but somewhere in all those jig eating rocks I think my CarrotStix and I may have found some of my lost LTJ MOJO.

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
Cool thanks for the update I'm up for bat sat AM with WP...so 10 inch bkds were not hot ticket?

·
Registered
954 Posts
I have to admit, based on our trips there I was curious as to how much lead you might have left. I heard you did well with a few very nice fish. Congrats on a good trip.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
For the record.....he only lost a couple jigheads......if that! He performed spectacularly.....and he didn't hork!!!

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Eminent Brothers,
Well Phil.....now I know at least 2 of my fellow TF brethern who called to get a Lost Lead Report. You know....now that I think about it......I'm starting to think it was you and Hillbilly Jim that caused me to lose my LTJ MOJO in the first place???? I don't blame you....But I Never did trust that Hillbilly guy, he from Pa you know and I bet he's also a Steeler fan.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Nice one Graybeard!!! If you don't loose some lures, you're not fishing right. Looks like you still got it . WTG :thumbup:

·
Registered
855 Posts
Wow, great fish brother! Bet that was fun on light tackle.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I still heard you snagged it, but, it takes a manly man to hold a 30lb fish like that and not have a strained look on his face.

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Eminent Brother,
Walleye Pete made me get out of the way so he could (properly) land the fish. He picked it up and said it was well over 30 lbs. It wasn't the weight that made him hard to hold....he was really PO'ed and didn't take kindly to having his picture taken. I did suffer a few tail slaps that were so close I could feel the breeze. He also made a mess of my left thumb, but; that's the price you have to pay when you catch BIG fish.......:peace:

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
Did the SAt AM walk-on with WP.

Everyone was on time or early so we started early and fished till about 11:40. Caught fish all day. When pete said "marking fish" we would hook up. I started slow and missed a bunch but figured it out and caught with the rest of them.. The guys up front did real well too (no handicap).

Used 6 and 10 inch BKDs and I also used 7" BAs. All on bottom.. I didnt lose a jig to the bottom.. almost no one did.. Fish were often off the main dishcarge area.. All REALLLY FAT like bursting..Biggest was probably 38. Mi biggest was probably 35. All the guys were cool and we fished together real well. Didnt start raining till about 10AM and not bad..

Pete supplied all the jig heads and BKDs (small outfished big ones today). Two other boats. One was rattletrap and Hillbilly boater and 2 others.. They did OK too.

We had a bunch of really good drifts. WPs boat and electronics are dialed in. His tackle is good too.

Pete is very carefull with our handling the fish. Quick pix and release.:photo4:

I fished next to a guy that fishes the CCNPP alot. He was cool and helped me get the hang of it..I learned alot.

I caught close to 20, snagged a few, and missed a bunchdoh

Oh it was 60.00 well worth it.:thumbup:

MG

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
GB, I have to compliment you on the biggest fish of the day but I also have to mention that we offered to call your lovely bride to come help you cause that fish was whipping your butt with that yellow colored noodle stick We stopped counting after 10 jigheads, LOLOL.. Bye the way it was fun fishing with you, hope to do it again

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Eminent Brother,
It was indeed a pleasure fishing with you and you didn't do too bad with your big fish either. If your shoulder didn't act up, you would have smoked us all. But believe it or not, I showed My Lovely Bride a picture of the fish I downloaded from Walleye's Facebook page and printed out on our photo-printer. MLB was so impressed she went out and got a frame so she could put it on her desk at work........a reminder of her loving, loyal and obediant husband.

·
Premium Member
26,288 Posts
Congrats on a real nice one.

Don't forget to put in for a DNR release citation ( over 40 inches ). It enters you into the fishing challenge plus gets you and anyone in your truck - free - yes FREE - admission to the Sandy Point seafood festival in Sept.

·
Registered
14,556 Posts
Congrats on a real nice one.

Don't forget to put in for a DNR release citation ( over 40 inches ). It enters you into the fishing challenge plus gets you and anyone in your truck - free - yes FREE - admission to the Sandy Point seafood festival in Sept.
Better check to see if the seafood festival is the same day as Diamond Jim. Last year was the first time it was..........Gary

1 - 20 of 23 Posts