Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eight days ago, I was ranting about damaging my boat at Ft Amstead ramp. The fiberglass gunnel looked like someone took a sledge hammer to it, the rub rail was dislodged, and a long gouge was cut into the opposite side. I went to the Boat US website and looked for boat surveyors in our area. I called one and explained the damage. He recommended "fiberglass unlimited" on Ft Smallwood road. Tim (the owner) gave me an estimate for the work and said he could get the boat back to me in a week or two. Six days later, he called to say the job was done and he didn't have as many hours in the job as expected, so the price was less!! I picked up the boat and it looked like new!! In fact, the only way you can tell there was any work done is the new fiberglass work is more shiney than the rest of the boat. As soon as I wax the boat, it will be nearly impossible to tell there was any work done at all.
I just had to pass along this good experience to anyone who might be in the same situation as I was and not know where to turn for repairs. I guess after six years with the boat, it was time for a little trouble. Good luck to everyone this season and BE CAREFULL !

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Sounds like it all worked out for the better. Next time take some strong HO's and use them as bumpers. Ft Arm only gets worse once spring gets here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts