Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is just around the corner. Thought I would conjure up some of the good 'ol feelings we get that time of the year. When the air has a chill and you can see your breath in the morning on the way to get the paper and deer run from your yard by the sound of your door sweeking open. Although temps are high keep these memories of days past hunting seasons in the front of your mind it helps with those bad days when some tunnel somewhere is blocked or beach traffic has you hemmed up, or when you can't sleep at night cause of some important business deal you got going or some bill that needs paying, go there to that stand or that hike in the woods when that buck is coming to your call. Take your son or daughter teach them the wonders of the out of doors have those heart to hearts on the stand get to know what they like and dislike, have some laughs even if the buck is standing there listening. My 7 year old will hunt this year with his gun for the second year. Last year he got a late start waiting on his birthday in Oct. then he happened to act up in school and he didn't get his birthday present that I had for him, ( .410 single barrell) he had to wait til Christmas. He has always gone with me every year since he could walk, sitting the stand, sleeping in the truck, p%#ping in the woods, you know the good times between Dad & son. I am going to do everything possible to give him the memories that I have from the days of hunting with my Uncles in Surry County so when he is 40 years old and having a "crappy" day he can think back to the time he got his first deer and all the fun we had cooking out and being "best buds". Take a few minutes and look at that mount on the wall and relive the joy you had when he came into sight, it doesn't matter if its the World Record or a spike buck they are all "Trophies" and they made you smile. [smile]

·
Registered
770 Posts
Can't wait.My food plots are sure looking good and some rain the next few days sure will help.
Dayton,I may have to shoot a few doves with all that sunflower and sorghum I see.[smile][grin]

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Ouch! That hurts. I am calling now about a pay dove hunt in SouthHampton county. I got to get in another good dove shoot before I die.

Good luck.

Dayton

1 - 5 of 5 Posts