Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for info on how to access the Point at Cape Hatteras from a kayak. I've heard of some kayak anglers accessing the southside of the Point but need info on exact launch points. Any intel or help that you can provide is much appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ken -

Thanks for responding. I'm not familiar with seashore state park and so I googled the park and saw that there's one in Virginia but not in Hatteras.

Did you mean the Cape Hatteras State Park on lighthouse road? If so, can you provide more detail regarding access and where I might focus my fishing efforts? Also, by "wheels" did you mean a kayak cart or ORV? Is it a long hike to the water from the park?

thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
duh, must of been at a lapse of concentration. i glanced at your post and though of cape henry, in virginia beach. there are a few guides out in the outer banks that might help you out if you do a search.

ken c

·
Registered
63 Posts
Load up your boat in a 4x4 truck and drive over the ramp (#51) just down the road from the light house and you are there. I am not sure if I have the ramp number correct but the directions are accurate.

Pick the calmer side of the point to launch deponding on the wind direction and your off. Keep the paddle moving through the breakers and keep-er strait. Once you are on the back side of the breakers you are home free. That is the only trick to it. Best you do this in the warm months.

Ray

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Ray -

Thanks for the info! If conditions are good I'm keen on kayak fishing the point. During the winter months I'm kayak fishing the northern beaches for stripes and normally wear a drysuit or wetsuit depending on conditions and water temp.

Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts