ACCOMACK COUNTY BOATING FACILITIES PARKING PERMITIn accordance with Accomack County Code Chapter 102, effective July 1, 2021, all vehicles parked at any of the following County boating facilities must display either an annual or daily Boating Facilities Parking Permit. Any person violating section 102-58 shall be guilty of a class 4 misdemeanor.
ONLINE AND IN-PERSON PERMIT SALES WILL BEGIN ON JUNE 1, 2021.This ordinance applies to the following County Owned Boating Facilities Parking:
|Annis Cove Landing||15060||New Road||Bloxom|
|Folly Creek Landing||25224||Folly Creek Road||Accomac|
|Gargatha Landing||29534||Gargatha Landing Road||Parksley|
|Hack's Neck Landing||30108||Killmon Lane||Hacksneck|
|Hammocks Landing||10122||Hammock Road||Sanford|
|Harborton Landing||14217||Shore Drive||Harborton|
|Johnson's Landing||18730||Johnsons Landing Road||Parksley|
|Gladding Landing||24324||Gladding Landing Road||Bloxom|
|Old NASA Ferry Dock||31425||Pierce Taylor Road||Hallwood|
|Parker Creek Landing||22562||Fox Grove Road||Parksley|
|Pitt’s Landing||4485||Bell Road||New Church|
|Quinby Harbor||20222||Harbor Circle||Quinby|
|Schooner Bay Landing||20318||Bluebill Lane||Onancock|
|Southside Chesconessex Landing||21355||Southside Road||Onancock|
|Young's Creek Landing||22291||Youngs Creek Road||Bloxom|
A permit is not required at other water access sites that are maintained by the County of Accomack. However, a permit may be required to park at certain town-owned facilities. Please contact the respective town ( e.g. Towns of Onancock, Chincoteague, Wachapreague) for information regarding the use of their facilities.
Owners of motor vehicles and boat trailers owned by any person assessed by the County with personal property tax or real estate tax are exempt from the parking fee, but must obtain and display a parking permit while parked at a County public boating facility.
Boat owners whose boats are taxed by Accomack County as of January 1st of each year will receive one free annual parking permit by mail for each boat taxed by the County. The permit(s) are inserted in the boat owner’s personal property tax bill which is mailed on or around May 1st of each year.
Any other owner of personal property or real estate, for which property taxes have been assessed by the County, is also exempt from the parking fee but must contact the Accomack County Treasurer’s Office to obtain a free annual permit. All others who wish to obtain either an annual or daily parking permit must purchase one by visiting the Accomack County Treasurer’s Office or the Accomack County website at www.co.accomack.va.us beginning on June 1, 2021.
- $7/Daily permits are valid for a 24-hour period commencing at 6:00 a.m. on the day specified.
- $40/Annual permits are valid for a 12-month period (tax year) commencing on July 1st and expiring on June 30th.
- Discounts exist for those with a valid Virginia Saltwater Recreational Fishing License.
No parking fees shall be prorated or refunded.
A replacement parking permit may be issued by the Accomack County Treasurer’s Office upon application and payment of a $5.00 replacement fee.
The following motor vehicles and boat trailers shall be exempt from the parking fee but, with the exception of those motor vehicles and boat trailers owned by government entities as described in (2) below, shall be required to display an annual parking permit while parked at the public boating facility:
- Motor vehicles and boat trailers owned by any person assessed by the County with personal property tax or real estate tax.
- Motor vehicles and boat trailers owned by the United States, the Commonwealth of Virginia, or Accomack County, including any department, office, agency, authority, or commission thereof, provided such vehicle or trailer displays government license plates or is otherwise readily identifiable as government property.
- Motor vehicles and boat trailers owned by any person who leases a slip or mooring location from Accomack County.