Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from brushing the blind, got a letter in the mail from the landowner, the land is leased, No longer allowed to fish or hunt. Broke my heart, guess I'm gonna go pick up my canoe this afternoon.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
OH Man, I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know you, but that has happened to me a few times in my outdoor life. Things keep changing on us.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Just now seen your post Bennett. Which land is that which your talking about? Billy's I'm guessing If so I'm really sorry to hear that. You know he doesn't need the money. Would be interesting to know who he leased it to. You still have permission to hunt the blind you built at Julian's do you not.

Acey

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do, but just isn't the same. I put the blind on the boat, gonna try the river for a few hours before work Friday. That is if it isn't too high and flowing

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oct 9-12 everything but black duck. Nov 18-29 , Dec 19-Jan 31

Daily Bag Limit: 6 ducks of any species except for the following restrictions: can include no more than 4 mallards (only 2 can be hen mallards), 4 scoters, 3 wood ducks, 2 redheads, 2 scaup, 2 pintails, 1 black duck (except closed during Oct. 9-12), 2 canvasbacks, 1 mottled duck, and 1 fulvous whistling duck.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I assume all 6 can be; or a mixture of, teal, widgeon, gadwall, ring necks, blue bill or any of the diving ducks. Years ago the swamps were filled up with widgeon and they aren't too bad to eat. For the last several years we haven't seen as many teal as we use to; in fact we haven't seen many ducks period. A whole lot of pressure put on them now a days and they must stay out on big water. Going back to the land. I'm guessing it must be a deer hunt club that he rented it to. You know Billy use to be very protective of his horses. I know Wilburt Drewy the plumber, who's house is just down the road from Billy's house had permission to hunt the land and he only hunted deer.

Acey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts