Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
no more than a week ago this pic was posted and a huge deal was made over it. Again all I have to say about it is it is an awsome pic!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Don't be so sure that it's been doctored. Deer move fast when shot. That little bit of skylight along it's back looks like ghost image to me. The flash stopped the action at probably 1/10,000 of a second and the shutter speed was probably around 1/60 of a second which would allow double exposure between ambient and strobe lighted parts of the picture, especially very bright background areas showing through rapidly moving strobe lit parts. I'd vote for it being real.

Mark

·
Registered
115 Posts
Don't be so sure that it's been doctored. Deer move fast when shot. That little bit of skylight along it's back looks like ghost image to me. The flash stopped the action at probably 1/10,000 of a second and the shutter speed was probably around 1/60 of a second which would allow double exposure between ambient and strobe lighted parts of the picture, especially very bright background areas showing through rapidly moving strobe lit parts. I'd vote for it being real.

Mark
I suppose that is a possibility, but I do know one thing for sure.....my game camera is a pretty good one, and much movment at all blurs mine. Not to mention that by the time that deer leaped that high in the air, wouldn't the arrow most likely have passed through? Who know.....I sure don't, but in the image where it is blown up, you can see the trees and sky perfectly behind and through the deer, but don't know as much about "ghost images" as you do. Still a cool pic.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Great shot! Another inch to the left and the arrow probably wouldn't have penetrated at all. It probably stopped when it hit the far side shoulder from what the angle looks like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts