Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Lite Subscriber - My busines
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know of an active LCC license that is available for purchase along with anything and everything needed to be a successful commercial crabber.

Seller prefers to sell the entire business including boat, motor, line puller and crabbing gear.

Boat, motor, gear, trailer, winder, etc.....$3500.00
License.............................................$4500.00
Package deal.....................................$7000.00 Non negotiable.

Serious interested parties can respond by PM.

·
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Several individuals requested more info about the boat, motor, etc.
Here is a brief description:

The boat is a 17.5' Renken, all fiberglass Tri-Hull that is in excellent condition. New floor and stringers.
70 HP Johnson runs like new. 18 gallon fuel capacity.
Venture Low-Boy trailer with spare wheel and spare loaded hub, carpeted bunks, launches and retrieves in very shallow water easily.
Boat has a commercial line puller complete with separate battery and heavy duty on/off switch.

This rig is 100% complete and absolutely nothing, I repeat….. NOTHING else is needed to catch crabs, except bait.
Everything works 100% or better.
Coast Guard inspected and passed in 2010.

Thanks for your interest.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Be very careful about selling or buying a commercial license in Maryland. First of all it is against the law to just sell or buy just the license. When you sell you must use the words "associated gear" in the sale of it. Also make sure it is marked active. You must also have 3 active license holders sign off for you to prove your time on the water. Diane Samuels at Fisheries is the person to go to for info. Good luck and full baskets for all, rec. and commercial.
George (The friendly commercial crabber)

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Be very careful about selling or buying a commercial license in Maryland. First of all it is against the law to just sell or buy just the license. When you sell you must use the words "associated gear" in the sale of it. Also make sure it is marked active. You must also have 3 active license holders sign off for you to prove your time on the water. Diane Samuels at Fisheries is the person to go to for info. Good luck and full baskets for all, rec. and commercial.
George (The friendly commercial crabber)
George - We know you had good intentions... providing advice on MD Blue Crab license or other regs to Polecat is like providing advice to Cal Ripken on how to field a ground ball.

http://www.dnr.maryland.gov/fisheries/commercial/bluecrabregs.html

·
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know of an active LCC license that is available for purchase along with anything and everything needed to be a successful commercial crabber.

Seller prefers to sell the entire business including boat, motor, line puller and crabbing gear.

Boat, motor, gear, trailer, winder, etc.....$3500.00
License.............................................$4500.00
Package deal.....................................$7000.00 Non negotiable.

Serious interested parties can respond by PM.
Just to make things perfectly clear.......... The dollar values mentioned above are meant to indicate the values associated with the various parts of the business. I could have assigned individual dollar amounts for the boat, motor, trailer, line puller, trot line, tongs, net, etc. That is not necessary as they will not be parted out or sold individually. If someone needs a great, fully rigged crabbing boat, it is available by itself (without the license) for the amount stated above. It's a steal at that price. Another additional savings is being offered for the individual that needs both the license and gear.
By law the license holder does not "own" the license. It belongs to the state of MD and can only be transferred as part of the purchase of the business. It does have value and consideration ($$$$$) is allowed for same as part of a sale of the business. That amount can be whatever the parties agree to. There's more to it than what I have stated, but this should suffice.

In summary:

Gear alone, no license transfer: $3500.00
Entire business purchase of gear with transfer of ACTIVE LCC license: $7000.00
One pair stainless steel crab tongs: $4500.00 (LCC license @ no charge) :)

Thanks to everyone for their contributions to this post. We all learn and benefit by communicating.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks Jim. Your point is well taken. I did not mean or intend to provide info to Polecat but it was intended to help the group as a whole. Polecat, I was trying to help any rec that was not familiar with the regs. You know, the ones we see crabbing on Wednesday and they just don't know. Knowledge is power and we must all share it to be successful. This is a great forum and I intend to remain as active as possible. Tight lines and full baskets to all.
George ( The Friendly Commercial Crabber) #20468

·
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
George,

Your points were taken in the spirit they were intended by this guy and most readers I am sure. It's somewhat difficult to make the keyboard produce the meaning and intention of some posts no matter how much we try. I hope to meet you at Snood Fest this February 27.

Jerry

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Thanks Jim. Your point is well taken. I did not mean or intend to provide info to Polecat but it was intended to help the group as a whole. Polecat, I was trying to help any rec that was not familiar with the regs. You know, the ones we see crabbing on Wednesday and they just don't know. Knowledge is power and we must all share it to be successful. This is a great forum and I intend to remain as active as possible. Tight lines and full baskets to all.
George ( The Friendly Commercial Crabber) #20468
George - That's a good-thing; I'm glad you will be an active participant in our group and look forward to meeting you. I learn something new every day and enjoy the camaraderie from this close-knit group. Really good guys. Welcome aboard! Jim

·
Registered
14,388 Posts
Snood Fest 8 will be at the Harewood Community Center located at 12940 Community Drive, Middle River,MD 21220 on Feb 27th. Usually starts around noon. There will be a sign up sheet posted on the crabbing board as it gets closer. Lookin' forward to it :yes:......Gary

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
One thing for certain is if you show up early and want to help setup there isn't one on this board that will complain. The more I think about it no one will complain if you stay to help clean up either.

Hope to see you !

John

·
Registered
14,388 Posts
One thing for certain is if you show up early and want to help setup there isn't one on this board that will complain. The more I think about it no one will complain if you stay to help clean up either.

Hope to see you !

John
John, I was sweeping and moping the entire hall while you and Beth were home sitting on the couch last year:hysterical: You better be there this year!..........Gary

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.