Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happened to be walking past City Hall this morning as preparations were underway for WDS viewing and there were some protestors with signs calling for the closure of the nuke plant to avoid a Japanese type disaster here. Watch out Smibbies, the wackos are trying to close down your honey hole!

·
Registered
Koah Roller Speargun, 100 Euro
2,937 Posts
Damn, for a second there I thought you were talking about closing fishing at the Rips. Those protestors are not going to get anywhere with that. Time wasted

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Well at least their off the highways when they are walking around with those signs.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
City Hall, Baltimore. They were trying to get face time with the cameras that were there to cover Schaeffer viewing.

B-Faithful--maybe we could pipe all the political hot air out to Tolley's and have our own wwd close to home. But we'd have to keep it just between us.

·
Registered
590 Posts
WDS and trophy rock season

Sheesh...I hope there won't be any run-off issues in the Upper Bay when they finally bury ole William Donald. I wonder just how many ppm of WDS a rock fish can tolerate and if a special EPA permit was needed.

If rock are as tough as he was, there won't be a problem. Besides doing a lot of good for Baltimore and the State, we can thank him for these:

He addressed a newspaper editor with "Dear Edit-turd." He answered one angry taxpayer's letter with, "I'm glad you have recovered from your lobotomy." He likened the conservative, rural Eastern Shore - which had not voted for him as governor - to an outhouse. He taunted his gubernatorial successor, Parris N. Glendening (D), by clucking and flapping his arms and calling him a chicken.---(The American Spectator)

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Oh-oh....just wait until Jamie finds out that they burned his spot!! Protesters beware!!!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Can someone tell me where theses "rips" are?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am replying from the OUTHOUSE----------------the Eastern Shore. WDS loved to stay here with a friend and eat Tautaug farm raised at UMES. My point is that any politician should not be idolized as a villan or a Saint.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
They prolly won't get any traction with the calls to close CCNPP, but the odds of them adding a 3rd unit went WAY down with the events in Japan.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For those of us who have never been there, the "Rips" are a mythical place where monster stiped bass wait in line all day and night for any angler familiar with their "spot" to drop some lead near them, at which point they playfully take said lead into their mouths and tug mightily until shaking hands with their human play partners at the boat and then get in line to do it again behind all their other fun-loving fellow bassesses. I happen to be a bit skeptical as to the truth of such tall tales, but there are those who swear it is true.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Oh-oh....just wait until Jamie finds out that they burned his spot!! Protesters beware!!!
Zero chance I'm gonna burn any spot period....hard to burn a trolling spot....

·
Premium Member
26,256 Posts
Sorta related.

Heard DNR is looking into PSCR rules for LTJ ing.

Only 80 lb test braid and 60 lb mono leaders - to get fish in quicker , and no heavier then 1/8 oz leadheads. :devil2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts