Tidal Fish Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
565 Posts
Has anyone tried to dip and air fry fish filets? I like oil fried but gives me acid.
I bake all of mine.
1c Panko bread crumbs
your choice of spices
1/4 Parmesan cheese
1 egg beaten
1tbsp mayo
1 tbsp mustard.
Dredge in the egg/mayo/mustard mix
Dip in breadcrumbs/spice/Parmesan mix
Bake at 400* fan for 10-14 mins depending on the thickness of the fillets.
Something else I wanted to pass along. My family and I really like using this for a dipping sauce.

View attachment 281827
Where did you get that?

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
They've been using mustard in Crab cakes for many,many,many years. My wife always makes sure I mix in mustard before we cook crab cakes .She doesn't like them without it. Not too much. Boil the fish, pick the meat and make crab cakes out of them.They're better than you think.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Where did you get that?
[/QUOTE]

My wife purchases it off off the internet. The one pictured below is from Bass Pro Shop. It's as good as the other but I haven't seen it offered in a long time.

Bottle Food Liquid Plant Glass bottle

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I bake all of mine.
1c Panko bread crumbs
your choice of spices
1/4 Parmesan cheese
1 egg beaten
1tbsp mayo
1 tbsp mustard.
Dredge in the egg/mayo/mustard mix
Dip in breadcrumbs/spice/Parmesan mix
Bake at 400* fan for 10-14 mins depending on the thickness of the fillets.
I rarely keep fish for the table, but recently kept several large speckled trout fillets. I used this recipe that is similar to the one above. It was delicious and easy.

Panko-Crusted Speckled Trout Recipe

Ingredients
  • Two fillets from a large speckled trout (or several fillets from smaller fish)
  • Italian salad dressing (any brand will do – I use Kraft Zesty Italian)
  • Panko bread crumbs (regular or Italian – both work)
  • 1 plum tomato chopped up (or use any type of fresh tomato that you have on hand)
  • Small amount of shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
  • Small amount of seafood seasoning (I use Paul Prudhomme’s, but Old Bay or other will work too.
Preparation
  • Preheat oven to 400 deg F
  • Cut large trout fillets into smaller pieces (smaller fillets may remain whole if desired)
  • Pour Italian salad dressing into glass or metal baking pan. Add enough to cover bottom of pan
  • Rub both sides of the fish pieces in the Italian salad dressing
  • Sprinkle chopped tomato, seafood seasoning, and Parmesan cheese on top of the fillets. Add a thick coating of Panko bread crumbs on top.
  • Bake the fillets at 400 deg for approximately 15 minutes. Add a bit more time for thick fillets.
Food Corn kernels Tableware Corn Ingredient

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
565 Posts
I always eat Specks right out of the water. They don't keep well.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
We ate a lot of fish when we lived in FL. We ate some trout, but was last on our list of good eating. We Mostly ate flounder, redfish, and snapper were very good.
Food Seafood Ingredient Fish Fish products
Hat Cap Baseball cap Headgear Font

·
Registered
536 Posts
They've been using mustard in Crab cakes for many,many,many years. My wife always makes sure I mix in mustard before we cook crab cakes .She doesn't like them without it. Not too much. Boil the fish, pick the meat and make crab cakes out of them.They're better than you think.
Been making fishcakes using crab cake recipe from Rockfish for quite some time. I'll filet and then bake the carcass. Picking the meat just like the remainder of thanksgiving turkey. Beyond good and little to no waste of the precious resource.

Edit: I use Gulden's Spice Brown Mustard

·
Registered
241 Posts
:ROFLMAO: I use to catch fish, but not anymore. But I do have pictures. 🐬 PS I have caught a few flounder in Lewes Delaware since I moved back to Md.
Man I would love to catch some of those. Only caught 1 flounder since I've been fishing at it was a 3 incher trying to steal my bait. I think it was at matapeake pier back in 2000. I use to buy fried flounder from a place called Riggs Seafood. They did not filet them at the time and fried them whole well without the heads and guts. Funny thing, first time I purchase fresh flounder from there and had it cooked, I did not know I needed to flip the fish over and eat the other side once I got to the bone on the first side. Almost toss it in the trash.

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
565 Posts
Man I would love to catch some of those. Only caught 1 flounder since I've been fishing at it was a 3 incher trying to steal my bait. I think it was at matapeake pier back in 2000. I use to buy fried flounder from a place called Riggs Seafood. They did not filet them at the time and fried them whole well without the heads and guts. Funny thing, first time I purchase fresh flounder from there and had it cooked, I did not know I needed to flip the fish over and eat the other side once I got to the bone on the first side. Almost toss it in the trash.
Like Andy said, Lewes is about the best place for flounder. I've never fished the back bays behind OCMD but I'd imagine that it would be good as well. We fished Indian River Inlet and did well there when we had our big boat. A fluke rig tipped with either squid strips or minnows is what we used there.

Reactions: dban520

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I used to fish behind assateague all the time. When the water was clear, the fishing was great. The bigger the minnow the more you caught, but the water had to be clear

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Like Andy said, Lewes is about the best place for flounder. I've never fished the back bays behind OCMD but I'd imagine that it would be good as well. We fished Indian River Inlet and did well there when we had our big boat. A fluke rig tipped with either squid strips or minnows is what we used there.
If you don't have a boat, Cape Henlopen State Park Fishing Pier in Delaware might be the best place to catch keeper flounder. My wife and I go there once a year. Pat sits on a bench out there while I fish. I have caught a lot of flounder but only two keepers. Make that three keeper flounder I caught a keeper/real nice one back by the Coast Gard Station.
Mesh Fence Wire fencing Net Composite material
Fish Concrete Fin Gas Seafood
Sky Cloud Road surface Water Fence
Sky Plant Door Building Facade

·
Registered
241 Posts
@andypat @UncleRob
Does Delaware reciprocate Maryland fishing license because their fishing license prices back in the day was expensive as hell for out of State. Andy I think you do not need a license to fish so you are good. If I can remember what I saw back in 1999 their temporary out of state license was about $50 for 7 days, crazy! I thought maybe it was some good fishing there but not at those prices today I would rather catch catfish and throw backs.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts