Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else grab one of those DVD's George (tieoneon) had at the fest? I got a chance to sit down and really look at it. It was GREAT. The carp portion was outstanding footage!!! The flies were spot on too. Great job George, Mike and the rest of the guys. I think George was practically giving them away so this isn't advertising at all.
Anyway...get one if you haven't because it is worth it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got one too. I really like the part where the stripers are nailing poppers by the bridge.

Best five bucks I ever spent.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have not watched the whole thing yet, but the parts I have watched were awesome. I think he's got a few left, he'll pop on here eventually and tell ya how to get one.
Later, Harry

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
I watched it on the plane the other day. Nice job George!
I think the guy sitting across from me thought I was crazy. I was on my way to Palm Beach to our boat and the plane was full of some umm, how can I say this nicely, strangely dressed older people who definitely did not fish ;):D

Brandon

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks guys, much respect.....it is definitely a work in progress and I am hoping Vol 2 will be much better. I have alot more fishing video to put out and I am hoping to hope some of the MD crew in the next one (hint,hint) and I know there are some things I could have done better in the tying section, better lighting and used darker yak hair for better visibility just to name a few. I have some killer video of Capt. Harry catching a 16lb albie, that will be in volume two. If you would like to get a DVD shoot me a bmail with your address, I have about 75 left.

Timeflies - the fly being used against the wall is just a small white foam popper body with a little bit of flash in the tail and some bucktail.

Booyakasha !!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
For those that requested a DVD they will ship on Monday. I apologize for the delay, just have alot going on right now. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
George,

Be sure you keep the "ambient sounds" like the kids in the background. I thought that was a nice touch! I kept wondering who was in the house since I was home alone when I watched it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Man, I need a "shark" (any species) on fly ... would even settle for a dogfish just to break the ice. I hear the bottom, just south of the point at Hatteras is covered with them.

"Ambient sounds" ... rut-row, is Mrs. Hughes resorting to corporal punishment ? Funny.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Cutter LMAO.....I thought I would give the video that real world touch, kids in the background, wife screaming....the tier just acting like he can't hear a thing. I guess that is how tuned out you can get sometimes. I really appreciate you guys giving me some input.

John, we will have to get out there soon and get you a shark.

·
Registered
318 Posts
George,

Definitely cool job putting that together. Very informative a had some underlying gut busters:

Baby crying int the background(I know that way too well so can relate), and getting all bloodied up on those carp! Who said fly fishing isn't a full contact sport!

It was cool chatting with you guys up at TF. You guys have a great thing goin' on down there so keep it comming!

Todd K

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks Todd...It was great chatting you guys also, any time you want to fish let us know. I wish my buddy would have gotten me on tape sliding down that algea covered concrete...that would have made some great video. Definitely more to come.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I shipped all the DVD's that were requested yesterday. I also shipped 10 each to Winchester Creek and Salisbury fly shops. So you should be able to get one at either shop if you want. They should be there by Thursday I would think. Thanks agains.

·
Registered
15 Posts
George, did you get my email yesterday? I'd like to get a copy of the video, I just need to know where to send the money.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts