Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I overnight a lot and constantly worry about killing my batteries even tho decklights are all led.On the drift overnight id like to remain fully lit including hydroglow and full electronics all night long as well to power my deep drop reel a little each trip.I figured adding 2 deep cycles off of another switch in addition to my 2 starting batteries would be way to go.So id need one selector switch to chose starting bank or deepcycle bank and a switch at each bank to chose battery one or two.And just adjust all switches accordingly depending on specific needs at time.Is this the correct solution to my problem?My buddy says on standard 2 battery switch you are suppose to leave on both for equal charging /discharging.I say bull**** the switch is for isolation.Help me out here.

·
Premium Member
26,149 Posts
If you have room - here's what I use.

Two 6 volt golf cart batteries rigged in series to provide 12 volts. They are heavy but run my spreader lights and glow stick all night.

I had to make a wiring harness - I unplug the spreaders from the terminal block on the boat and plug these connections into the other batteries.

The glow stick has regular clamp type terminals. Once home - I charge the 6 volts with regular charger.

The new LED spreaders are the way to go - the amp draw is nothing compared to old style lights.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts