Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Flounder -r- Fluky
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any and all advice would be great........ 2yr old boat, good clean tank as far as I know, running Suzuki 4stroke...............I have a 102gal tank w/ 33gals left in it.......... I've heard some say to drain all the gas I've been using before adding E10 and stabilizer and some say I can mix what is left...... does anyone know EXACTLY what to do ????

·
Registered
753 Posts
Best advice I can offer, install a 10 micron fuel filter and as an aside I have had great luck using startron additive !!!! but the filter is a must.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Had my boat running in GA at home for a while before bringing it up here last Dec, been running the local E10 stuff with ABSOLUTELY no difference at all. Ive been buying Wawa and NEX gas for a year now and still no issues. I have added 1 treatment of StarTron (while stored for 4 months) and I use ring free (when I remember to buy it). Cranked it up a few weeks ago for the first time after it sitting up while I was deployed, motor fired right up.

Plan on changing the Filter this month, but other than that, I wouldnt buy into all the E10 hype, I dont think these newer motors (and poly tanks) have it as bad as it gets made out to be.

BTW, my motor is an F250 2007 model.....Im gonna go knock on some wood now!!!!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Fill up with the new gas.
Add Startron Fuel additive!
This is a must!

The Moisture will get past the 10 micron Fuel \ water Seperator. Period!
But any filtering you do, is a plus.

Les

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
With a two year old boat I would think you would have little to worry about. Tank shouldn't have that much crud build up yet and all the parts should be E-10 compatable. Been using E10 for a couple of years, even mixed the two when it was still available on MD's eastern shore and have never had a problem. Check my filters and have had at most a teaspoon of water at any given time. Here is a link that has some good info. I know its Mercury but its pretty informative.

Mercury Marine | Service & Warranty

·
Registered
87 Posts
If your boat is on a trailer and I believe that I have seen that you live in Gloucester, pull the boat over to Philips Oil and get your gas. He still keeps "the good stuff" on site. Otherwise, use Startron, or Sta-bil ethanol blend. THere are lots of products, also install a RACOR il lieu of a closed system so that you can have a sight glass just to be able to see, the water will sink to the bottom in the filter. Good luck.

·
Flounder -r- Fluky
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks LJS, but even Phillips has switched. I was getting it at the 7-11 but they also switched a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hope to high heaven you don't have fiberglass fuel tanks. My marina guy assures me that E-10 will eat the fiberglass & deposit it in your engine. Fortunately I have steel in mine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts