Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 25' s.f. in which I want to be cool. It's a diesel boat and I don't want gas on board. I get conflicting advice on which type and brand of A/C to get and have no knowledge of diesel generators. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ranger, this is probably not what you wanted to hear. For a generator and a typical marine A/C unit to be installed, it's a pretty big job and expense. First consideration is space. Diesel generators tend to be larger than gas ones. The A/C unit, duct work, and air handler are also bulky. Both the generator and A/C unit require separate water intake and exhaust plumbing. For most 25 ft. boats, this is just not a very practical idea, especially as an add-on. There is a portable unit made that fits over most bow hatches. But it's made to be used only at the dock, and use dock a/c power.

But there is some hope. Here is the site for a manufacturer of a small DC powered unit (generator not required).

http://www.dcbreeze.com/index.html

Read carefully the power requirements for this unit (48 amps.) It will run down batteries in short order. Most engine alternators will also not provide this kind of power, you'll need to install high power alternator. Hope this helps, good luck.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I had not heard of the Sea Breeze. I will certainly be checking it out along with rooftop units like Coleman and water based such as Cruz-Aire.

I know it is going to be expensive but I want it like I want it.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Ranger we install onan's and panda's. Diesel gennys have come along way and are not as pricey as you would think. Give me a call we can hook you up with a genny and a/c. Don't waste you money on an invertor you will only be disappointed.
Aaron Anderson
Anderson Boats
www.andersonboats.net

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.