Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening folks. I have done a little bit of trolling in the Wye river for smaller rock in the fall: single trolling rod with a bucktail and minnow on the end in about 10 foot of water. That is the extent of my trolling experience. However, tomorrow will be my first time out and I will be in the area of Poplar Island coming from Crab Alley Bay. The equipment I have is a 12oz tandem(4 and 8), a 1.5 ounce bucktail and a couple 1 ounce bucktails. I have two trolling rods and two spinner rods and a couple jig lures. What should be my plan? What depth if I troll? Should I try jigging instead of trolling? I am such a newbie and am just blown away with all the research and knowledge I have been trying to learn. Basically, any suggestions, tips, comments or knowedge shared would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Everyone

Chip

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Just go out and have some FUN cuz at 11pm the night before a trip is well,,,, too late. When you get back put in for a "HO" trip and after a few of them you'll have your $hit down.

OK with that said , , put out two rods deep 20 and 35 feet deep and let the spinning rods be on top 1-5 feet deep 100 feet and 200 feet back. Troll no faster then you would walk.

GOOD LUCK

TED

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
trying to help ya

[video]fishtenacious.com[/video]--5 miles toward va. beach Deep

1 - 3 of 3 Posts