Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Norton, McAffy, Other? Any recommendations for a home PC?

Caught one pup and one spec in a cold breeze Fri night in Lynnhaven. BRRRR.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
593 Posts
AVAST....and it's free!

·
Registered
658 Posts
avg internet security suite and dump any other virus/spy/adware programs also have discovered by fixing computers that have crashed......to turn off windows automatic update installer. on older systems. the machines dont necessarily get old and slower its the combination of all the updates that dont like each other. pick and choose which updates you want to install.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I've use AVG for years. It is just as good or better at virus protection as any of the store bought programs that I am aware of. Its Free. Norton and others include features which may be nice at times but have nothing to do with the virus protection portion (such as offering on line back up options). However, for straight virus protection, there is absolutely no need to buy anything.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Avast or AVG for me. Works great, its free and is not a memory hog. Check out the freeware section of www.snapfiles.com. Lots of free programs that are great. BTW I have no affiliation to the site. someone told me about it and I have used it for years with no issues.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have Mcafee on my desk top and AVG free version on my lap top. Only reason I have Mcafee still is I have been with them for over 10 years and every time I am going to leave they make me an offer I couldn't turn down.
At a recent local computer club meeting, we had a rep from our local paper who was the security administrator and he recommended the AVG free edition.
Probably any of the above suggestions would work, good luck
JC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts