Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't been out in a few months and a buddy wants me to take him out this weekend for some fish, preferably puppy drum. I have a 19 ft Carolina Skiff so I should have no problem anywhere in the bay. What all is biting now in the bay/rivers/creeks? I'm still relatively new to the area so I apologize for my ignorance in advance. I haven't been out in so long I just wanna get my hands on anything right about now. Oh yeah, I'd probably launch out of Ft Monroe or Wallaces since I'm in NN. Thanks for the advice!

Tony

·
Registered
610 Posts
i would try for tog. not sure how far you want to go but find structure and drown a fiddler crab or cut blue crab i like the rocks around the tunnels best

best of luck be safe out there

toby

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Hey, I ain't yo momma, but a 19 Carolina Skiff in the Bay in February is a **** shoot... I would NOT be under the impression that you "should have no problem anywhere in the bay". Cold sea spray in cold temps can make for a very uncomfortable/dangerous day!

Your options are going to be Stripers and Tog... and striper season is closed in the bay. The only pups this time of year are in the Hot Ditch, although you MAY find a straggler inside Rudee. A 19 skiff may be okay out of Rudee along the beach if there's any west in the wind.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please, forgive my ignorance but where's Rudy? And I've never even heard of the Hot Ditch?

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Rudee's at the oceanfront... go to the end of Pacific Ave. When you cross the bridge, you've crossed Rudee. A suggestion: You may want to consider a charter with your experience in the area and with consideration to the time of year.

·
Registered
99 Posts
working in Corova and Corolla today and saw birds from the end of the road going north down past the research pier. About 3:00, saw some of the OI fleet trolling at the line 4 miles past the pier in what looked like 6-7 footers. It was ugly!!!!
Jimmy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts