Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This ain't her, but a spitting image. 3 yrs. old, still needs some finishing. She's small and is a dead ringer of my old (deceased) Ruff Neck dog.

Fits right in at the house and loves Jamie to death. I'll get her in the woods later this week.

She is a Mountain Feist with a 5 generation pedegree. For anyone interested google "squirrel dog central"

·
Registered
421 Posts
Sweet, I want one bad but we are getting ready to start a remodel and addition on the house so I will wait until that is complete. I don't want to bring in a new family member during all the chaos.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mike, you ought to go by and see Frankie's dogs just for fun, sorta get a feel for the breed. He's got cool training pens and you can see them work their majic. BTW, he's between Bacon's Castle and Wakefield.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Mike, you ought to go by and see Frankie's dogs just for fun, sorta get a feel for the breed. He's got cool training pens and you can see them work their majic. BTW, he's between Bacon's Castle and Wakefield.
Will do, I am pretty sure I passed him on the road last week. He had the name of his kennel on his truck and a sticker about Mountain Feist.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You ALL know what a stickler I am about following the rules, but..........I couldn't resist taking Bitty down to my buddie's woods yesterday afternoon. She treed 2 in about 1/2 hour and I shot them both out.

First one I shot in the back leg so the dog could get in on the fun and she was on him when he touched down. Squirrel got in a couple good bites to the cheek but it just seemed to bring out the fight in the dog. She put an end to the fun with 1 well placed bite to the back of the head. Looks like I'm back in the squirrel hunting business.:thumbup:

PS- I'll be pestering you guys around Thanksgiving for some hardwoods to huint.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sounds like you got a winner,what about the wabbits?

Sad experience last week.....
Was sailing around PTO.Vallarta MX.,last week. Our friend came in port from a sail from Calif. His sole sailing buddy was a dog similar to yours. When he greeted us he could hardly hold back the tears. He informed us that his dog was lost overboard at sea the night before. The dog had been with him for the past 14 years.
May you two have a good and long friendship.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts