Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to trade my 2870 Got wasabi? in on a larger inboard boat. I have been looking at the 320 exp albemarle w/3126 cats. Any toughts or experiences would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Its a beast...hard to match it to most 32' boats on the market..Great in fairly rough water ( any more then 7's are no fun anyway)...you can't go wrong

·
Registered
832 Posts
Not a fan of the new style hulls since Brunswick bought Albemarle lost the flair and went for more cabin room the 33 looks like a tugboat, but the 320 is a great hull for the rough stuff great offshore boat. I'm a biased Carolina Classic fan but the Albemarle 320 is one nice boat.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Pmail me if you have any interest in a 35 Carolina Classic in great condition. It is a great boat, but time for me to downsize for a while. I still have not listed it with a broker yet and am willing to make a really good deal.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Not a fan of the new style hulls since Brunswick bought Albemarle lost the flair and went for more cabin room the 33 looks like a tugboat, but the 320 is a great hull for the rough stuff great offshore boat. I'm a biased Carolina Classic fan but the Albemarle 320 is one nice boat.
Yeah I agree the albe are not the same boat they use to be since brunswick.

I would lean more towards the private owner builders

·
Registered
474 Posts
A buddy of mine sold his Parker to buy an Albemarle. I asked him WHY?...Parker's the benchmark for these waters. He explained that the engine is in the front, which makes it push through the chop more smoothly.

I've had two back operations since I got my planing hull. I think the pounding I took on that cheap Pro-line did me in. My next purchase will be an Albemarle.

·
Registered
236 Posts
A suggestion, take a look at the Carolina Classic, the Judge, and the Rampage, along with
the Albemarle. A trip to the factories might also be good if you are so inclined before
you pull the trigger. Sea Trials should be considered unless you've got your mind
made up. Have not been on the Judge, but I've been on the Rampage, Carolina, and Albemarle. If you want my opinion on each bmail me.

Capt Keith Neal
TEASER
Wachapreague, VA

·
Registered
976 Posts
Why won't Albemarle widen their friggin beams? The 32's only have an 11' beam. I know this helps with the great ride, but also makes em roll. Most 32's have at least a 12', and the Carolina's have 13. I won't look at Albemarles for this reason.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
BILL WHATS WRONG WITH OUTBOARDS..GUESS YOU HAVENT RODE A GOOD ONE ...GET HIM SCOTT...LOL...BEEN ON BOTH BILLS BOAT AND A CAROLINA 28 LIKE THEM BOTH ...DONT THINK YOU CAN GO WRONG WITH EITHER ALL IN WHAT YOU PERFER..IN THE LAY OUT AND BEAM ECT..I LIKE THE CENTER POD HELM ON THE ALBYS...GOOD LUCK..:thumbup:

CONNER THAT JUDGE34 IS SWEET..!

BUT YOU WANT A REAL RIDE TRY 31 OR 36 CAPE HORN HEHEHE

·
Registered
428 Posts
I've got a 2004 Judge 34 Express with Twin 370 Cummins. It's worth taking a look at the Judge - I burn 22 GPH running at 27 kts and the ride is nice and dry. I sea trialed an Albemarle and choose the Judge because of the ride and layout. You should also look at Magic Moment's Carolina Classic. A great deal on a real nice boat.

·
Registered
367 Posts
BILL WHATS WRONG WITH OUTBOARDS..GUESS YOU HAVENT RODE A GOOD ONE ...GET HIM SCOTT...LOL...BEEN ON BOTH BILLS BOAT AND A CAROLINA 28 LIKE THEM BOTH ...DONT THINK YOU CAN GO WRONG WITH EITHER ALL IN WHAT YOU PERFER..IN THE LAY OUT AND BEAM ECT..I LIKE THE CENTER POD HELM ON THE ALBYS...GOOD LUCK..:thumbup:

CONNER THAT JUDGE34 IS SWEET..!

BUT YOU WANT A REAL RIDE TRY 31 OR 36 CAPE HORN HEHEHE
can someone translate this for me?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts