Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll be coming down to OBX from the Eastern Shore of Maryland the last week of this month. This will be our 6th year straight renting the same home in Colington Harbour.

I did a search of the North Carolina board but didn't really find the information I'm looking for. I was hoping that someone might be kind enough to recommend some good/general fishing areas to try in the Albemarle Sound. We have a 19' center console and the boat stays in the water for the week. In the past I have tried around the east bridge (64-264) leading to Roanoke Island without much success. Is the bridge leading to the mainland on the western side more productive? Any recommendations on rigs/bait would also be helpful.

We have run down to Oregon Inlet in the past. Are there any good areas south of Pirate's Cove on the way to the inlet that hold fish? What might we expect to catch this time of year?

Sorry for all of the questions but if you ever get up here to Chesapeake Bay (Tangier Sound) please b-mail me and I can put you the fish.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Ed, try some of these areas.
make a left coming out of PC and follow the channel makers around to the old manns harbor bridge.there you can fish around the bridge for an assortment; flounder,spec.trout[east side]stripers,croaker and spot.bloodworms,grubs,live bait should do the trick.
also go under the highrise and fish the 1st red maker in the deep hole for bottom dwellers.the new bridge to the south also is starting to hold fish,I'm just not familiar with it yet.
out of PC to the right is mainly channel but it is fishable.best bet going this way is to work your way to the OI bridge and fish in the deep water or the pilings.
hope this helps. mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts