Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Albies last fall out of Morehead, actually Atlantic Beach. I have nothing to do with the video, I am no where near that talented. I was used for my boat and good looks J/K
Enjoy. Seth

albieteaser.htm

·
Registered
668 Posts
Very nice, NC. Came through much better through the web site. Loved the flats skiff out in the ocean. Looks like you got some nice fish close inshore. What week was that? I was down there also this past Nov and shot some video as well. Decent fish action (overdid it a little on the commentary though), but some great bait ball shots.

YouTube - Off Beat Angler

Really enjoyed RA's Angling Addiction clip on the Drake and at the AEG show in Arlington.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tissy,
I have seen your clip before. Very nice. Makes you want to ditch work for a hook-up. I too am a whore for albacore. We will be back this year. Staying at the same place, right on Atlantic Beach. We saw breaking fish from the back porch of the place we stayed. When we came out of Beaufort inlet we went south and found sporadic pods breaking here and there right on the beach. It was pretty cool. Most of the fish we caught were right in front of the cottage we stayed in. Can't wait for this year. But, we have bonito that should be here in about two weeks. So, I can't wish time away. Good stuff ahead! Seth

·
Registered
668 Posts
Seth, I though you might have been along Atlantic Beach with all the houses lining the shore. Looks like you are well away from the crowds that regularly traverse the hook and Cape Lookout Seashore. Can't wait to get back down there myself!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know about you Tissy, but I like it away from the crowds. Had a good buddy this year get threatened from some jacka$$ that thought he owned a bait ball. It was a good weekend. Hopefully we'll meet up next year on the water. Seth

·
Registered
668 Posts
Hear, hear, Seth. First time down there last year so still new territory for me. The diversity of the fish that area has is really something. We were too late for the macs -- kings and spaniards both -- but it would be great to get into some of the former. Trout, reds, sharks, jacks, etc -- there is a lot going on.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Two weeks prior we hit the Macs and big albies, sometime around.....The last week of October. fished right next to Horsley. He was dredging a 450+ sinking line. We only had intermediate and floating, so were not hitting the fish hard, but were still in them good. Caught some nice Spaniards and Albies. Saw Horsley land a 10lb Spaniard! What a hog. Here are a few pics from that trip.
Spanish!

19lb Albie!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Nice!!!:thumbup: Enjoyed the tune, the action, and the subjects (people and fish). That reel sounded like it had a bad bearing in it.:eek:
Later, Harry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great video. We stay right along the area filmed. Unfortunately it has been a few years since we have had consistent action there. Would love to hook into a few from shore.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts