Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ray just called the the CBBT is blown out. We're bailing and heading for the HRBT. Give a call: 289-5136

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had a feeling everyone would go some where else when I saw the water, but I was not sure where. I decided to give it a try anyway mostly to see how my Prowler handled the chop. It was tough fishing but I felt very comfortable in my yak. I caught a nice flounder that hit a pink soft plastic Storm fished really slow along the bottom and one keeper striper. That was it no other bite at all! how was it at the HRBT?[grin]
Martin

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HRBT was on fire. I landed two keeper flounder. Then I fished the lights where the stripers were stacked up. Added a 26 incher to the stringer and called it a night. I think we'll hit the CBBT tonight. Seaview at 6. See you there.

Ric
289-5136

·
Registered
165 Posts
I will try CBBT at 6pm......I had to special order the scotty deep fryer mount...should be here in a few weeks...[wink]

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Things started off slow. Water was crystal clear and warm, but the flounder didn't know that they were supposed to bite. Maybe it goes back to that no flounder on an east wind thing. Anyway, we covered the bridge to the boxes and drifted the jetties at Little Creek Base. At dark we returned to the bridge looking for stripers in the lights. Very scattered and small. Then, just before I was going to pack it up, I started working a bucktail in the eddies behind the pilings. Bingo! I could pull a croaker or small striper out from behind each piling. Biggest croaker was 16 inches. Loads of fun. Just proves that if he works hard enough and long enough even a blind pig will find an acorn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts