Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I try to avoid conflicts and bashing threads on here but dead fish are dead fish!! And besides, if they weren't how could you possibly catch two of that class fish in a kayak with a mirrolure and have them(if catch and release) together for a pic. Poorly done and good thing the VMRC doesn't like to get cold after dark!!!! Should probably avoid the "SECRET GLORY" in the future! Good luck to you. Tight lines to the rest!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Guys,
I can say that I know JCM_101 and the guys he was fishing with that night. Bash what you want, but I know those fish were released. Go on ahead and question the tactics and integrity all you want, but dont hate because he has the stones to get out there, in the cold and catch these fish from a yak, while you are sitting at home bashing people on the internet.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well Bill Fisher apparently has magical powers and can tell from a picture if a fish is dead or alive. Maybe it was just taking a short nap since it was so tired out from the fight. ;)
And Screamin Drag, who facetiously claims he tries to “avoid conflicts and bashing threads” does just that. I guess it’s easy for you two to sit behind a keyboard and hate people because they are catching fish and you apparently are not. Everyone knows the bay season is closed, but catch and release, which is what JCM is doing, is perfectly legal. It would be nice if you could read and understand a blog before you post comments like those.

·
Registered
19 Posts
WOW!!! Some of you are really quick to jump to conclusions!! I'll also chime in and say I know Justin and those he fishes with, and will vouch for him on everything said above. The two fish together was a pic from in DEC, not the same fish he posted a few days ago. And I would really like to know how you deduced that the fish in the current post were dead????? Magical powers I guess....maybe you should use those powers to figure out where they were caught then if you put in the time and delt with the cold maybe you could catch a few also and not have to be so jealous!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Well Bill Fisher apparently has magical powers and can tell from a picture if a fish is dead or alive. Maybe it was just taking a short nap since it was so tired out from the fight. ;)
And Screamin Drag, who facetiously claims he tries to "avoid conflicts and bashing threads" does just that. I guess it's easy for you two to sit behind a keyboard and hate people because they are catching fish and you apparently are not. Everyone knows the bay season is closed, but catch and release, which is what JCM is doing, is perfectly legal. It would be nice if you could read and understand a blog before you post comments like those.
Ummm, magical no. He has since modificed his report to remove an old picture from the header and replaced it with one of a LMB. There was one fish in that picture that was dead (FACT). That picture was from a different trip but was easily mistaken for his curent fishing report.

And seriouly, not picking here.....you guys can't tell a dead fish from an alive one in a picture? Look into his eyes.......

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I changed the picture because I could see where someone could mistake some of my current reports with an older one. Just trying to simplify things so we don't have to have any misunderstandings. If you read this report http://kayakfishingnut.blogspot.com/2010/12/6-big-striper-and-missing-sleeves.html you'll see that the double i had was from another night. I had 3 witnesses that saw me release all 5 striper that night (One was a 45" release citation). I also had a witness for the 2 I released Sunday night. I guess next time I'll just have to take some video for proof.

Back to topic :) I caught and released 2 more last night/This morning that went 38" and 42" pulled another all nighter...sorry no video for proof of release.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Okay....first hand report. I was there and took the pictures. Everyone who knows me, knows that I am 99% catch and release(just taking the fish out for some exercise). I don't take people out with me or tell them where they can catch big fish inside the bay unless they are into the same practice and don't blab about where they caught the fish. In reference to the one pic of Justin holding two stripers, the picture was taken around the middle of December. He was fishing two poles and had a double on. Both fish released. The next night he was fishing in my church's annual striper tournament and kept his one legal trophy striper(which won the tournament for big fish and I won for largest two combined in the 2 day tournament). The fish in his last post were also both released after I took a quick picture and measurment(if you look closely you can see my hand holding the tape). All our fish from last night were released unharmed, as well. I make sure of that. I was there....end of story...if you think you can look into their eyes and tell that they are dead....then I just can't help you there...sorry. Maybe it is envy or jealously...but I never saw anybody jump on my buddy Ric Burnly when he posted his HRBT kayaking report a week ago when he was catching stripers. Maybe all the haters should hijack his web-site and call him out. Check out the eyes and let me know. Seems everytime someone post a report of some nice fish, regardless if it's inside the bay or out at the Hot Ditch, the armchair fisherman get their "call to arms." Nice job on the releases Justin!Forrest Short

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ummm, magical no. He has since modificed his report to remove an old picture from the header and replaced it with one of a LMB. There was one fish in that picture that was dead (FACT). That picture was from a different trip but was easily mistaken for his curent fishing report.

And seriouly, not picking here.....you guys can't tell a dead fish from an alive one in a picture? Look into his eyes.......
FACT. I was there the night of the double. I took the photo. FACT, both fish were alive. Both fish were released strong and healthy (even though it was striper season). Matter of FACT, he released quite a few that night.

http://www.angling-addict.com/2010/12/eelin-for-bigguns.html

Why jump to conclusions, make accusations, insult someone, and cut into someone's character, when you don't REALLY KNOW THE FACTS.

JCM, good job as always. Keep up the good work and don't let the haters crimp your style.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts