Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any opinions or is this a case of you get what you pay for?

The LTJ rod comparison by smellslikefish was very good and I am shopping too, but the BPS catalog came the other day and I saw the All Stars and thought this might be an OK alternaitive to the $150 range.

Chris

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
You should talk to Steve F, he builds some very nice rods and can suggest some awesome blanks for LTJ. You virtually get what you want.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should talk to Steve F, he builds some very nice rods and can suggest some awesome blanks for LTJ. You virtually get what you want.
I know, everytime I think about rods I think about the reviews and compliments that have been paid to Steve for his quality, I feel kinda' guilty about not asking him first.

Chris

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I know, everytime I think about rods I think about the reviews and compliments that have been paid to Steve for his quality, I feel kinda' guilty about not asking him first.

Chris
Chris, I would still talk to Steve, he is one of the most knowledgable guys I know about rod components there is. Even if you don't have him build a rod for you, he will give you his honest opinion on what's out there. I'm sure he would be glad to steer you in the right direction based on exactly what you're looking for. Good Luck,

Sam

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
... I feel kinda' guilty....

Chris
Oh man, I fish with the guy nearly every fishable week and I bought a new Loomis this summer :sweatdrop:...but I was in a hurry and needed something ASAP, and had $70+ in BPS points and a $25 BPS card burning a hole in my pocket...:whistlingatu: If I could've waited, I would have had him make it with the loomis blank, handle and guide set I wanted. Yeah, I'm still feelin' a bit guilty... But if he's building rods, he's not taking me out fishin'! :nono:

A few years back he did make me a LTJ light saber with a Loomis IMX blank, custom fuji handle with a down locking foregrip and titanium guides...what a sweet rod that was :yes: (God rest it's soul :rolleyes:).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts