Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I packed up the gear and headed to Deltaville to take advantage of the nice winds. When I got there I was glad to see a few cars in the parking lot. My joy went away quickly when I got to the dock because it looked like the ice was about 1/4" thick and only a small path out of the creek which was iced over by a thin layer of ice. There were 2 boats in the water one with guys who were clearly fired up to break through the ice and the other was happy to wait for the first to leave. I walked down to the end of the dock and it looked like the ice went all the way down to norview before it broke up. I decided to see how these guys did before making the decision. The first left and it seemed clear that he would have a few scrapes from the ice on the side of his boat. The second was better but did not sound great. I decided to bag it and hope for some warmer weather to melt the ice. I snapped a few pictures of the second to leave and got a short video but I am not sure how to post the video.

Attachments

·
Registered
757 Posts
I hit the Rapp from Best Marine on Saturday, and had to break through 1/4" from there out to bouy #8 - With my aluminum hull, not so much concern. was a little worried about breaking off my transducer. Made it out to the channel, and had clear water from there past bouy #10, as long as you stayed on the north side of the river. Didn't hit any ice on the way back - not sure if it melted, or just moved down river. It looked like it was drifting pretty well.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I have a Parker 2510 like the one in the pic. I have been reluctant to break ice on Locklies Cr because of possible gelcoat scratches, although I have done it in the past with no apparent damage. Windy weather during the week (I don't fish on weeekends) has been my biggest problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts